Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please post pix of your internal wastegate modification if you have an hf manifold. im about to fab a mounting bracket but i need some ideas for the best placement. thanks!

·
Registered
96dx saloon
995 Posts
do you mean external. i ran an hf mani with an internal wastegated turbo with no problems or modifications to the manifold. i have seen people put the wastegate on the top where the o2 would go. i dont have any pics handy, but you can use your imagination.

ryan

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i tried mounting the turbo with the internal wg attached and it hit the block... ive heard of plenty of people mounting the wg on the block when this happens... just want to see some pix to give me an idea

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Some ppl also notch the block by cutting webing.There are a couple guys on hmt that have used springs,but it looks like their search is down.I will see what i can dig up.

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, the t3 internal wg is fucking huge compared to the 14b's that most people mount on an hf manifold... it looks like i would have to remove an inch of webbing and i say hell no to putting a hole in my block lol... im going to have to mount it somewhere besides the turbo

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
except the adapter plate is already made, and the turbo is already on the car... just need to mount the w/g... i think i know what im gonna do... i bought some angled metal from lowes, im gonna put some holes in it and mount it to the engine...

so noone else has done this? im really surprised noone has posted pix of what im trying to do...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.