Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched around and found some info but need better. can someone please tell me how to remove my internal waste gate from my turbo. Its a garrett T3 .42/.48 60 trim. It looks easy to unbolt the unit and not sure what else is needed to do so. any help is great.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
All you need to do is remove the housing that has the flapper in it, there should be like 5 nuts holding it on. Then just buy a new downpipe flange and you're done. The wastegate itself should just have two little bolts holding it to the compressor housing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
sohc_sol said:
All you need to do is remove the housing that has the flapper in it, there should be like 5 nuts holding it on. Then just buy a new downpipe flange and you're done. The wastegate itself should just have to little bolts holding it to the compressor housing.
exactly what he said.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I should be like 5-6 bolts with a wrist pin. Not a big deal. Then you need to measure your bolt pattern and figure out if you have a Mercedes or Ford style T3 housing and pick the right flange accordingly. Contacting someone like BMC who sells a lot of flanges would be your best bet.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
konigcivic said:
or in my case the noone has the damn 5 bolt flange, you just remove the wastegate actuator and weld the flapper closed.
you got your turbo from down2turbo on ebay right? Shit, I have the same one and want to go external too. This really sucks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea haha I got it from down2turbo Its brand new good price. I'll try and see what I can do tonight. I could run it the wastegate is at 10psi. but I wanna go with external gate. If I do that I need to get a 3 bolt down pipe flange which I cant find.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got it removed and it was easy to do. But my question is there is a small hole where the flapper sat. that wont be a problem after I put my down pipe flange on right since it will be coverd up and bolted down.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
mikeD16Z6 said:
you got your turbo from down2turbo on ebay right? Shit, I have the same one and want to go external too. This really sucks
yes mine is from down2turbo. i just got an email from sam @ bmc racing. he thinks he has one but i ahve to measure the bolt holes and shit. so im gonna wait till the next time i have my turbo off then ill measure and order from him. hes still not sure if thats the right one.

he said its a benz style flange and they are larger than the other style t3 5 bolt flanges..

the 3 bolt flange on the housing i got at my local performance shop, i had to make the holes larger but it fit.

btw, why did i quote myself in my first post in this thread? i dont remember doing that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts