Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'll exchange my wastegate for yours ..

mine is from my 15G that I run at 1 bar, but the WG is set at 5.5psi and doesn't work very stable past 11-12psi.

that's an idea :)

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
Hey I have a garrett t3 that is internally wastegated at 8 psi. I want to run more like 5-6 pounds on my stock motor. is there any way to turn down the psi.
you could lengthen the arm to have the pressure on the flapper door less, but you run the risk of a longer spool time.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
there really isnt gonna be much less strain on your engine if thats what your worried about (8psi vs 6psi...your motor wont really know the difference)

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
there really isnt gonna be much less strain on your engine if thats what your worried about (8psi vs 6psi...your motor wont really know the difference)
8psi vs 6psi = absolutely zilch when its tuned right

·
Registered
105 Posts
i'd say, stay with the 8psi and get a good tune (turboedit, crome, etc)

your stock block can handle 8 psi

if you DO want to lower boost (which i really wouldnt do hehehe), you could probably lengthen the wastegate actuator rod

make the rod longer: lower boost (wastegate opens easier/earlier)
shorten the rod: higher boost (keeps the wastegate from opening)

you probably have a turbo/wastegate like this

the rod is on the bottom, attached to the wastegate (left), the actuator is on the right. Loosen the nut on the rod. Get the rod off the wastegate (remove pin first and DONT FORGET TO PUT IT BACK ON) and just turn the endlink about 8 full turns (lengthen it!!!! shorter = more boost)

2 full turns = 0,5 psi (as far as i remember)

try this out first, than let us know

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
i'd say, stay with the 8psi and get a good tune (turboedit, crome, etc)

your stock block can handle 8 psi

if you DO want to lower boost (which i really wouldnt do hehehe), you could probably lengthen the wastegate actuator rod

make the rod longer: lower boost (wastegate opens easier/earlier)
shorten the rod: higher boost (keeps the wastegate from opening)

you probably have a turbo/wastegate like this

the rod is on the bottom, attached to the wastegate (left), the actuator is on the right. Loosen the nut on the rod. Get the rod off the wastegate (remove pin first and DONT FORGET TO PUT IT BACK ON) and just turn the endlink about 8 full turns (lengthen it!!!! shorter = more boost)

2 full turns = 0,5 psi (as far as i remember)

try this out first, than let us know
just remember that whenever you do this, you will see longer spool times because the wastegate flapper will be slightly open to begin with

·
Registered
247 Posts
when you use to bleed boost only in order to rise boost at the wastegate (internal type), those tend to fuck up after 2x the boost that they are rated. Mine is set at 5psi or so, and can't keep 1 bar stable boost.

maybe some internal wastegates work better than others ... who knows

1 - 19 of 19 Posts