Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i been looking around and havent found much on what i am looking for.

does anyone know where to come across a 9psi internal wategate actuator?
it has to be 9 psi, my boost cut is set at 9.5psi so my bottom end does not go bye bye. im so sick of not being able to floor it and having to watch my boost gauge so i dont hit boost cut. would getting a 7 psi wastegate and using a manual boost controller be easy enough? i havent found any set at 9 psi or even adjustable internal wastegate

·
Registered
44 Posts
you could cut the actuator arm and thread both ends and use a threaded coupler to join them together and make it adjustable. lengthen for less boost shorten for more. Might get a lil more lag with that method though.

similar to this

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could cut the actuator arm and thread both ends and use a threaded coupler to join them together and make it adjustable. lengthen for less boost shorten for more. Might get a lil more lag with that method though.

similar to this
yeah, mines threaded but im trying to avoid boost lagg and mines preset at like 12 psi and i havent gotten it under boost cut

·
Premium Member
537 Posts

similar to this
This works really well, and only costs a few dollar in parts from your local hardware store. I have done this on a couple of turbo setups.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,795 Posts

similar to this

·
Registered
44 Posts
How would that cause lag if you shorten it though (assuming that's what you'd do to create less boost anywho)?
You would lengthen it to lower boost. Depends on the application. Some actuators don't have much tension when they are in a non pressurized state. So if you lengthen it you will push the flapper open some creating lag.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
You would lengthen it to lower boost. Depends on the application. Some actuators don't have much tension when they are in a non pressurized state. So if you lengthen it you will push the flapper open some creating lag.
^this

and

The wastegate doesn't just pop open all at once, it slowly opens. This mod will leave the flapper open just bit. Say your wastegate is set for 10psi and you want it to open at 8psi. The flapper will be open about the same as it would if it were seeing 2 psi. I would not use this to raise or lower boost more than a 2-4psi. The more you lower it the better chance you will see later spool times.

When I used this method to lower boost from a wastegate I only lowered it 2psi and it had no noticeable affect on spool times.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Running a 7lb spring with a manual boost controller seems simpler. The simple ball and spring ones can be had for $20 shipped and work well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what size turbo do you have that you think 9.5psi is going to blow your motor?
I was told the turbo is a 6262 egay turbo. Im on stock internals

I inadvertently learned something today, swapped mufflers for one thats a lil less flowing and now I dont hit boost cut its beautiful

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
7psi actuator+ nxs boost controller off ebay(offer $15 and they will accept) and be done with it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts