Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a full d16z6 wit bolt ons running stock top and bottom end and i have a greddy t25 turbo kit with an internal wastegate i plain to do at least 200whp to 250whp or more whats my benifts with this turbo it has less then 3000 miles on the kit i cleaned the turbo new gaskets and the whole nine no shaft play runnung with add ons:
525cc precision turbo injectors
255 walbro fuel pump
aem fuel rail
aem ful pressure regulator
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk2 68mm throttle body
blox engine block guard
arp head studs
97 ek tranny (has slightly shorter gear ratio den the 95 trans)
compition clutch kit stage 4
compition flywheel 11lb

brand new tune up and thats it and it has a chipped p28
im running all motor for now to break everything in

let me know ppl???
what would my results would be???
im about to boost in a few weeks just need a boost guage for now and dyno and tune

:honda:
:sleeping:
sleepin on'em

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Is that whats already installed or what you plan on getting.

I'd skip out on these:
aem fuel rail
aem ful pressure regulator
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk2 68mm throttle body
blox engine block guard
Don't need that shit for a stock bottom end turbo setup.

Everything else looks fine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yea everything except for:
fuel pump
injectors

i have vitara pistons wit new cp piston rings and wrist pins and eagle h-b rods but i was just eagar to have some boost for now den upgrade late by finding another z6 block to swap out piston and rods.....they are still boxed up untill i get da money up to put them in

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okk nicee any opinion on power that i can possibly can make or the most i can boost with out over kill i was told 5 to 8 wit my setup now

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey and not to mention this is my first d16 turbo build in honda so im tryin to play wit it till i can step it up later but i see where u comin from tho

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Stock MAP sensor? Go right to 10-11 ish. Might make 200whp.

Does the guy who's tuning know his way around Hondas?

·
Registered
764 Posts
What's size is the t25? Some are capable of those hp numbers and some are not. Need the trim size to give you a better idea especially on body and what to expect.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Turbos.jpg

the greddy turbo above in this pic is what i have on the bottom left one with blue badge

i also have:
-a short cast iron t3 manifold to t3 to t25 flange to greddy t25 turbo
-down pipe is 2inch to 2 1/2 straight pipe to with resenator and quiet wide barrel style exhaust
-turbo kit piping from intake manifold is 2 1/2 to intecooler from thier its another 2 inches of piping straight into the turbo

be mindful that i did buy this turbo kit off of my friend it used to be on a b series setup i just took the deal and i swaped manifolds and went on from thier so hopefully i can finsh this by next month i got all my guages too now but i just had to wait also now for the fitting for the oilpan to be tappped with a new line and fittings so im making progress i just dont know when ima be done true story
you say go 10psi or 11 ppl say tune for 8 stay at 5 on a daily drive even tho i got a engine block guard and arp head studs i say im good but ima play it safe not bad ppl still say i can make at least 300whp) at possibly 12-15psi on this turbo its basically bigger like a t3/t4 but its a t25 trim idk but to me its big
im goin nuts uintil its done:dots:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah with that block guard and head stubs you got 300whp no problem yo dem der robs won't der bust through dat der block not one bit your 100% safe and no worries that der stock map sensor won't have not nor da problem reading 12 to 13 psi. But anyways after you put it all together and get a tune do about 8 psi for daily and then hit the button for 15 psi and after you throw a rob through the block PLEASE take pictures and post them here cause we all LOVE some carnage :) id do a lot more reading about turbo d16 builds mostly stock ones since that's what your planning on doing before you throw the kit on or just be patient and find another block so you can put the so called vitaras and eagles in and do it right the first time so you don't have to post carnage pictures on here... that's just my opinion man but I can tell you now a stock z6 won't last very long even with a godly tune over 230whp and that's pushing it just keep it around 200 it'll be enough pep over stock until you can afford to rebuild a new bottom end and don't worry about the head that t25 will run out of breathe before the head holds you back from makiing more power

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i see and whats goood with a oil catch can no or yes i see ur point im just tired of starrin at da setup in da trunk man but i got u im get it thats why im playin it safe not to odee but the turbo i have is good right thanks for that info that helps
and not to mention dis is my first turbo on a single im doin it to be different too

p.s. no carnage here ima do it right and den upgrade later

·
Registered
764 Posts
Almost any T25 will crack 210-220WHP without too much trouble.
WHat are you talking about? What part will crack specifically? The CA18DET and SR20DET 60 trim T25's are nototrious for making 250rwhp and being pretty damn dependable at the same time. Even the DSM T25 will do 225whp with relative ease.

Or are you saying that T25 will do 225whp with ease?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
WHat are you talking about? What part will crack specifically? The CA18DET and SR20DET 60 trim T25's are nototrious for making 250rwhp and being pretty damn dependable at the same time. Even the DSM T25 will do 225whp with relative ease.

Or are you saying that T25 will do 225whp with ease?
He is saying any t25 can mae 220whp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts