Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took off my disrtibutor cap and there was a bunch of oil in there. This explains the oil stains i am leaving everywhere i drive.

I have a had an ongoing problem of not being able to rev ~past 6000 rpms.

I had my car dynoed and it was only making ~80whp and my tuner said vtec wasnt crossing over.

could this large leak be the cause of everything?

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
I think I can elaborate on that. If oil is getting in distributor ... part of distributor is hosed (or part of the head I guess). If part of distributor (or head) is hosed ... car does not (or is that should not) move. If car does not move ... VTEC does not matter.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Just order the gaskets and fix it, the gaskets cost like 15$ and take maybe an hour for a first timer to pull the dizzy and swap the gaskets. Its not hard to take a distributor apart just make sure you have the right size phillips screwdrivers or you will strip them out because there in their tight

·
Registered
EG Hatch
831 Posts
use an impact driver.. like a makita.. know what i mean? like a drill but not, it's a driver.. for carpentry.. not a regular drill... it pops them loose super easy, won't strip the screws.

I just rebuilt my dizzy two days ago.. works like a charm.

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I ended up biting the bullet and buying a remanufactured distributor from NAPA. I rounded out my rotor retaining screw and the insides of the distributor were coated in oil.

Didn't change anything with the no vtec issue.

But I think my oil leak is solved now :)

I am continuing my thoughts on the no rev past 6000 rpms on my thread http://www.d-series.org/forums/general-tech/241242-d16z6-wont-rev-past-6200-rpms.html post #54

1 - 18 of 18 Posts