Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed one of my customers had an intermediate shaft on his d series. When I asked him he had no info on it since he bought the drive train complete already built.

I'd like to run an intermediate shaft on my del sol to hopefully reduce tq steer and the tendancy to pull under braking.

Since the search function doesn't seem to work for me does anyone have some more info - thx

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,429 Posts
not worth the trouble to hunt down the 3 shafts and change the tranny over, just add a LSD to your current tranny.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drove his car before he put the engine in and after and it's got noticably less tq steer and he has a quaife ATD in his trans already.

if I have to hunt everything down I don't mind, but this car is being used for honda-cup road racing. I was going to put in the b16 I already have which is already equipped with an LSD but I like the simplicity of the d series reduced cost overall and the weight reduction I am allowed for by using it. The car currently weighs under 1800 pounds and the new wheels for instance only weigh 26 pounds with tires so even a little difference in length or weight will be quite noticeable.

As far as I can tell it's maybe a zc intermediate with a civic passenger side and integra drivers side with a civic inner hybrid so I'd only need to hybrid axles I already have and find a zc midshaft

1 - 5 of 5 Posts