Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, I'm realizing after much troubleshooting that it's actually the 3-pin connector that is attached to the wafer board. I'm wondering whether I could just do away with the entire rotary setup altogether and just use a toggle on/off switch? since I don't care about the lower light output, just on (@ brightest setting) and off.

Thx!

·
Registered
1993 civicEX
206 Posts
what knob are you talking about it sounds like your talking about the illumination knob in that case i do believe that it is done by a variable resistor and you would have to hit up the junnk yard or a part shop. if its not a variable resistor then i would just wire it into the headlight switch. find out which wire needs 12v or ground and do so through the headlight switch

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, well...I didn't think the "dimmer" switch could be had for under $5, but I've spotted a couple Ebay auctions and maybe one on here for cheap. So maybe that'll do, and keep it stock.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got my eye on a couple OE Honda dimmers for around $5, then member susposedly has one as well...so if the member offers $5 shipped, I'm happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts