Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I found a really nice "you pull" yard around here. This is like primo opportunity for me to fix my car. get rid of the shitty seats, fix the wheel bearings, and the fender and rear bumper. im stoked

I have a few questions..

ill start with interior...

what seats can I swap into my 97 civic hatch? I hear you can swap any year integra seat into them, but what others? Im going to keep a lookout for some nice leather fronts.

and are there any other cars than a 96-00 civic, i can use the center console from? [armrest]

and sunvisors are all the same too right? damn friend made a nice cigarette burn in mine

now for exterior...

i need a rear bumper, so i can use the 96-98 2/3 dr right, can i use a 4dr? its going on my hatch. I just didnt know if they were all compatible.

and what about front driver fender, anything from 96-98 right? even if its a 4dr?

and what about wheel bearings, I hear all 96-00 front driver wheel hub assembly will work, since they are all the same right?

I just want to get the right advice, because I would hate to get back, and have nothing fit :(

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
Ok well start with the seats.
The integra 90-93 seats wont fit without switching the rails. then you would have to remove the seatbelt from the inner part of both seats because in the integra it would attach to the cars automatic belt thing.

The 94-01 Integra seats will fit with minimal modification 3 out of there 4 bolts will be an exact fit.
You can mod the remaining hole to fit by welding a small piece of metal on so you can back up the mount to fit the cars.
Or you can switch rails with your civics. Doing this will also raise the postition of the integra seats.
Or you can do what Im currently doing. Put the seats in as is unmodded on the 3 bolts.

The only center console thats going to fit right in without having to hack up and fiberglass is one out of our 96-00 civic.

Now for the sunvisors... I have no clue what would be interchangable here. Mine are faded to hell but my sunglass's work fine so i could care less lol.

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
only the hatch rear bumper will fit?!? that blows. smashed hatches are hard as fuck to find in red :(

I dont really mind fiberglassing...im pretty good at it. Its just why waste the effort if i can find something to swap right in lol. rep to both of you guys.

so are the teggy seats nicer than the civ's?

edit: i lied. no rep to either of you, ive given you rep already lol

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
I think that the stock seats in the 96-00 civic are the worst seats of all time.
My integ seats more comfortable for me. it sits lower and is a bit firmer.

about the bumper. theres about 80% chance your not going to find one thats painted and ready to go.
i picked one up that was ready for paint for 50 and maaco for 100.

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yeah i dont like the stock dx seats. they just dont feel comfortable.

i hope the teggy leathers are better.

also, i found a ready to go red bumper for 100$ off a hatch too. I was just shopping around to see if i could find a better deal. If they dont have one tomorrow, ill just go back to this shithole junkyard and let them buttrape me for 100$

They sure are theres nothing like going around a turn fast and sliding into the passenger seat. LOL
yeah why do you think i want an arm rest! hahahhaha

OH and what tools you think ill need to take teh bumper off??? Ive never done it yet.

I know for the interior, ill just need a few sockets[18mm for teh seats i believe], and a phillips for the visors/armrest

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ooo maybe i should do the 99-00 cluster swap?? i had a dvd drive, and then another dvd screen that pulls out. so id need a double DIN. and the 99-00 is a double din right?>

·
Registered
98 civic ex
643 Posts
ooo maybe i should do the 99-00 cluster swap?? i had a dvd drive, and then another dvd screen that pulls out. so id need a double DIN. and the 99-00 is a double din right?>
speedo cluster or hvac. i guess your talkin hvac. yes 99-00 is double din. looks great but every involved process.
as far as seats def go wit integra seats or del sol's. my integra seats fit me nice im not fallin out the seats anymore around turns

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yeah i did a little research so im going to pass on the 99-00 conversion.

couldnt i just swap the bottom part of the [civic]seat bracket, to the teg seats?

and do you have leather or cloth?

and how good do the leather/pleather hold up?

and what tools should i take to get the rear bumper off??

im going to bring a wrench with 18mm for the seats. and then another wrench with 10mm for the fender. but idk what else to bring

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Integra seats own all, see my cheap ass "how-to" on swapping them in. great investment and made a world of difference in the car.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
It's 2 clips in each wheelwell towards the rear of the car, take out the phillips head screw that is in them and they should come out. then pop the trunk and take out the plastic trim screws along the top edge of the bumper in the trunk jamb (is that even a term for that LOL)

It's how i removed the rear bumper on my 4DR.

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cool, thanks errrrrrrrbody.

Im just wondering what other things I can grab to make my EK hatch sexy.

so far on my list is;

leather teggy front seats
driver fender,rear bumper
96-00 armrest
sun visors

but what other cool shit can I grab??? I know that sounds like a lame question, but I want my shit to be dope :D

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
You could do an S2000 cluster swap, but that is pricey and unless you do some serious work or buy a harness some of the gauges won't work. But it sure as fuck looks sexy. I thought i remembered somebody in England or the UK had figured out how to make things work. Might have been the tach not working with distributor systems or something.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts