Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Why two?
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a D15B7, currently with a Z6 manifold... Z6 manifold installed perfectly! But now its time to do a real upgrade and go with the Edelbrock Performer X intake mani.

So here's my interesting little problem. On the Z6 manifold there's 3 coolant line connections, one small one sticking straight up, one large one, and another small one to the right of the large one. But with the Performer X they only supply you with one hole, a large threaded one. Then they also supply you with a large brass fitment to put in it.. This large fitment has another hole drilled in it for one more additional fitment for you to screw into it. So this leaves me with only TWO connections for coolant lines instead of 3; and yet i dont think anyone else besides me has run into this problem before because i've searched and found no answer.

The obvious answer would be to just go get a brass Tee and call it a day, but i'm really wondering why nobody else has run into this problem but i have, and its been really frustrating...

If you guys need pictures to see what i'm talking about i guess i'll go take some tomorrow, but by the time i check this again if i'm lucky i wont really have to worry about it, haha.

If you guys could help me out it'd be great though.

·
Registered
Why two?
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you use a metal/brass fitting or did you just go plastic? I was thinking about going plastic but i really dont trust it.. I'm thinking it'll melt.

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
go brass, it's not worth the 20 cents price difference to do otherwise.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Is the performer x manifold the only one that has this problem, because there are many manifolds like blox and s2 that dont have this problem. I think, correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
Why two?
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used a brass fitting. Cut the line between the FITV and the IM, and put it in there.
FITV? What's that? lol..

·
Registered
Why two?
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So yeah i remembered what the FITV was.. Anyway the manifold is ON and i love it. Such a noticable increase in power... The intake has this cool little whistle sound at certain rpms as well.. Really interesting sounding.. Almost sounds like a supercharger or a turbo spooling. AHaha.

When i got the manifold it came with an AEM fuel rail and adjustable fuel pressure regulator but unfortunately for some reason the fuel rail leaked horribly where the injectors meet the rail.. I mean it sprayed everywhere! I dont necessarily think it was the injector seals but it could be.. I'm not really sure. All i know is that i put the stock one on and it doesnt spray at all. But i'm definitely loving the manifold..

A+ edelbrock!

Oh, and a note to people who get this later on.. Your throttle cable might not be long enough (in my case) so i ended up adjusting the actual pedal itself to gain an extra half inch or so..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts