Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Interesting A/C Diagnostic, Discovery that has me confussed

Customers Complaint A/C blows warm. Common.

Verified it blows warm.

So I hook up a A/C machine and there's roughly 80 psi on the high and low side, fridgerant in the system. Turn on the A/C and the clutch doesn't engage. Okay, I do a quick check of the fuse and swap the relay. Nothing.

I do some reseach and don't find anything good. and check power at the a/c compressior with the switch on. 14 Volts. A/c Compressor housing has a good ground.

With 80 psi, it shouldn't trip the pressure sensor, obviously if the compressor has 14 v. I called a compressor.

Now here's the strange part:
When I recovered the system charge there was only .2 lbs of refridgerant in the system ?????????? Does pressure not equal how much of a charge is in the system? Do you have to recover the system to everytime?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
What kind of car is this on? Also I did a Dodge Caliber alternator and the AC compressor wouldn't kick on after and I had to reset the ECU for it to work again... new cars do weird shit.

I do a recovery on the system everytime just to make sure to get all the moisture out of the system and try to hold a vacuum on it for a while to check for leaks.

Also you may be looking at a expansion valve problem is the pressure on both sides is equal, but I have seen compressors go bad and do similar things.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^Yeah, new cars and all of their electronic do-dads. Boo!

Oh wait, I drive one of those cars! LOL

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
06 santa fe.

the hub/clutch was locked up. Replaced the compressor. operating pressure oh, 150 and flucuating between 20-40 on the low side. held vacuum. I let the system sit for a few minutes and it was around 20 and 100/

I thought pressures should equalize. and that was a good reading. I'm talking from the stand point of a quick diag. intial pressure reading.

·
Registered
128 Posts
When I recovered the system charge there was only .2 lbs of refridgerant in the system ?????????? Does pressure not equal how much of a charge is in the system?
Nope. Reading the static refrigerant pressure tells you nothing about how much refrigerant the system has. It only tells you the system has some refrigerant.

I thought pressures should equalize.
The pressure equalizes slowly. It may take 10 minutes or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts