Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so most of you know my setup. basically everything i need for 400 horsepower. only running on 8 psi right now waiting on money to build a trans for it.

anyways, a buddy of mine hooked me up with a precision intercooler and told me it was the 600 horse power intercooler. this thing is huge. so after doing research i found out that it is actually the 750 horse. if i run this intercooler, is it going to hurt me? i know i will see a boost drop. but i plan to run 25 psi on my precision sc50. anyone see any problems or should i sell it and get something else.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
how important is safety (the bumper reinforcement..) to you?

I'd get a smaller, cheaper, eBay fmic... but thats just how i roll...

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the reinforcement is being removed for weight reduction already. the car is not a daily driver anymore so i dont see a point in it. i have an ebay JDM sport intercooler on my car now.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
how much of the radiator is being blocked now or will be blocked using the bigger intercooler?. your going to be making alot of monkeys.
hope that airflow over the radiator wont be reduced too much. other wise your engines cooling capacity will do this :TD:

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have a dual core aluminum radiator. so i should be fine. im hoping to make around 1000 monkeys... lol

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Well, if you have it...why not use it. If you deem it unnecessary or creating problems, it's not a big problem to swap 'um.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Well, if you have it...why not use it. If you deem it unnecessary or creating problems, it's not a big problem to swap 'um.
X2. You go it, try it out. If it turns out to be bunk, sell it. I don't see how it could hurt your engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts