Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I was just wondering would an intercooler on a car with no turbo help or hinder its performance. I think it probably wouldnt help but say i bought an intercooler before i bought a turbo etc could i put it on? cheers guys

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I say do it, if you wanna get somethings done before you install everything.

I got my oil feed line plugged on the firewall waiting for a turbo, completely prepped the turbo/adapter plate/turbo I figure it'll be a lot less work once I get everything

·
Banned
68 Posts
I say do it, if you wanna get somethings done before you install everything.

I got my oil feed line plugged on the firewall waiting for a turbo, completely prepped the turbo/adapter plate/turbo I figure it'll be a lot less work once I get everything
if you are just mounting it in preperation for a imenent turbo istall then go for it.. if you are trying to use it to increase perofrmance on your n/a then i would skip it.. intercooler are an air to air heat exchanger.. they wont work as intake. thats what the interfoolers on ebay are for..

·
Banned
68 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The rotm in super street had that a while ago on his civic si. It was pretty weird looking.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
There is a kid around where I live that has one of those front mount intake things.... to each his own i suppose

·
Registered
1 Posts
They actually did this on Horsepower TV.

The guys put in an interfooler and exhaust with manifold for about $1000 to get an increase of 10 HP. From 86 to 96 HP. Best part was the "expert" getting jazzed up over the sound of the fart can, I mean exhaust.

There was a video on YouTube but Viacom got it taken down.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have seen an "air to water" intercooler built into the IM on an all motor B series motor. This was for a drag race only car and they fill the water tank with ice water. There was a picture of it on Honda-tech.

·
Registered
42 Posts
air to water intercoolers are good for cars that have high horsepower. I havent seen anyone use them on daily driven(boosted/blown) cars. Maybe becasue there pretty expensive and most builds are on a lower budget and a air ot air is sufficient.

intercoolers are not made for the purpose that you want to use it for but if your going to buy one anyway, in prep for a tubo build, why not do it? Never let anyone talk you out of doing your own research(practical research).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if you are just mounting it in preperation for a imenent turbo istall then go for it.. if you are trying to use it to increase perofrmance on your n/a then i would skip it.. intercooler are an air to air heat exchanger.. they wont work as intake. thats what the interfoolers on ebay are for..
Yeah I would only be mounting it in preperation for a turbo when I can afford it. I just wanted to check it wouldnt restrict the air flow reducing its performance. I was sure it wouldnt increase performance but wanted to check it wouldnt reduce it. Thanks guys, constuctive info!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
interfooler lol
Interfooler?Your basically saying having an intercooler with no turbo is rice cos it looks like im pretending to have a turbo? Na I dont want that It would just be untill my turbo install. I dont think people out here would really bother if i had a turbo or not. Should be fine.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.