Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 99 Civic Coupe and I want to keep the stock bumper look on the exterior so my IC is hidden.

What size inter-cooler are you guys running with out cutting the OEM bumper?

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
At 2.5 in thick I probably have the thinist intercooler made and I still had to trim the inside of the mesh on my bumper. You don't have to cut it out just make it thinner and it will look the same on the outside

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I got a small intercooler. Did some triming to the inside but went a lil over board and ended up cutting out the whole middle part.
I had a plan to get some mesh and put in there but that hasnt happen yet.
I did paint the intercooler black so its harder to see from a far and even so must people around here dont know what a turbo is lol.

But yea i have seen a few intercoolers that will fit inside the bumper even with fog lights. Just google " civic intercooler fog lights" your get some pix and intercooler sizes.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I got a small intercooler. Did some triming to the inside but went a lil over board and ended up cutting out the whole middle part.
I had a plan to get some mesh and put in there but that hasnt happen yet.
I did paint the intercooler black so its harder to see from a far and even so must people around here dont know what a turbo is lol.

But yea i have seen a few intercoolers that will fit inside the bumper even with fog lights. Just google " civic intercooler fog lights" your get some pix and intercooler sizes.
i want to paint mines flat black but would it become heat soaked?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
i want to paint mines flat black but would it become heat soaked?
nah not enough to matter. IF anything when you paint an intecooler you may lose a few degs of cooling power.
Its really just dont paint the fins to much and all is good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya, I don't want to cut any of the black mesh ribbing in the middle bumper.

I also want to keep the stock crash beam in there too...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the L x W 2.5" x H of the intercooler you used?

At 2.5 in thick I probably have the thinist intercooler made and I still had to trim the inside of the mesh on my bumper. You don't have to cut it out just make it thinner and it will look the same on the outside

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
Mine is 27x5.5x2.5 and like I said I had to trim the mesh. It probably goes about an inch into the inside of the bumper so just trim like half of it then on the outside it looks the same but the inside is like a half inch shorter

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Anyone got measurements of an IC they used to maintain the stock crash support beam / front bumper?
Ill get some pix later but i remember mines being like 6inch tall and the core being about 2.5inch thick
It keeps the crash bar but had to cut into the bumper

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine is 27x5.5x2.5 and like I said I had to trim the mesh. It probably goes about an inch into the inside of the bumper so just trim like half of it then on the outside it looks the same but the inside is like a half inch shorter
Got ya, thanks, where did you buy that IC from?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
my og greddy is hard to see even with the bumper off!

keeps iat's down, minimal trimming

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's the look I am going for!

I don't want anyone to be able to see it, and I still want the crash bar for safety.

What are the dimensions on that one? got a pic with the bumper on?

my og greddy is hard to see even with the bumper off!

keeps iat's down, minimal trimming

1 - 20 of 24 Posts