Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being that its tax season one of my plans is to upgrade from my DSM T25 and get a DSM 16G so I was wondering what size intercooler would be enough. right now I have a 27"x6"x3" with 2.25 inlet and outlet.

·
Registered
789 Posts
That should be big enough. If you have the stuff to datalog you should be able to watch your iats and that should tell you if you need to upgrade or not.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I say fix the front end first. Lol!

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Considering how many guys have pushed the original DSM sidemounts to silly power levels, that intercooler is more than enough. That's about the same size as the one I will be installing onto my CRX with essentially the same setup.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
the car is in the body shop getting a full do over + sunroof delete, new trunk floor and windshield..

for the engine I picked up a Y7 valve train real cheap to put in my Z6 head. I will get a regrind on the cam. is the delta 272-2 good for a daily driver?

·
Registered
789 Posts
why not stay with the z6?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be running the Z6 head, but without VTEC. just keeping it old school and simplifying things.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
??? I've seen lots of posts about using Y7 cam , gear and valve train in Z6 head for non vtec setup....

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I say fix the front end first. Lol!
Yea thats what I was thinking lol
Lol great minds think alike.

the car is in the body shop getting a full do over + sunroof delete, new trunk floor and windshield..

for the engine I picked up a Y7 valve train real cheap to put in my Z6 head. I will get a regrind on the cam. is the delta 272-2 good for a daily driver?
That's cool it's all getting fix.
So vtec head with non vtec cam?
why?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
He probably was told that tuning on VTEC is too hard. It can be done and he would benefit from staying with the z6 valve train. Won't he need to have the cam caps line bored or does it involve just swapping the rocker arms?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yeah, I am running the z6 casting with y7 rockers. Would not recommend. The y7 cam is ridiculously small and big cams run out of thread before you can adjust the valve lash correctly. Better off stay with a stock z6 head/cam/rockers.

????????????????

out of all the posts ive read from this forums and others it never mentioned anything about problems with valve lash adjustment

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He probably was told that tuning on VTEC is too hard. It can be done and he would benefit from staying with the z6 valve train. Won't he need to have the cam caps line bored or does it involve just swapping the rocker arms?
I just want a simplified non vtec setup. from what ive read you keep the stock cam caps cause the bores are machined to match the head. it involves swapping rocker arms plus its spacers and springs , cam and gear.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
would have gotten a PM3 head but I'm runnim running a shaved Z6 head with vitara pistons. i wanna keep the compression where its at

1 - 19 of 19 Posts