Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let everyone I am new to this site but not new to Hondas . Also I am married with a kid on the way so I have to be cheap , hence the reasoning for this post . I work at a major hardware store and my brother works at the largest supplier of PVC pipe in the US . I have been looking at using schedule 40 PVC as IC piping . I figure if it doesnt work I am out 20 bucks but if it does i save about 150.00 , i just wanted to read some opinions on this . Also has anyone ever tried this b4 . It seems to me that it will work. I have a friend who used to be an airplane mechanic and is extremely smart and he believes it will work . Just any comments anyone has post them . If you dont think it will work explain why not . The temperature ranges will be fine since that is the first mis conception that it will melt . Anyways , post away .

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
dude, i dont know what to say but PVC should never be used on anything automotive..... just save yourself a huge headache and get a prebent pipe kit.....

·
Registered
428 Posts
i used it before, and other people have also, it will look like absolute poopy, but will work just fine. I ran the pvc from home depot on 8 lbs of boost for over a month with not one problem

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
kyle said:
i used it before, and other people have also, it will look like absolute poopy, but will work just fine. I ran the pvc from home depot on 8 lbs of boost for over a month with not one problem
really?? wow neg. rep for you....haha j/k

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have seen it done before also and seen it work. I personally think it looks like crap but if you want it done cheap, go for it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Can't you just buy a pre-fab kit off ebay for cheap and save yourself the headaches?
Maybe I am off and It will work well
anyway goodluck and do a write up :D

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
how would the BOV mount on PVC piping?

·
Registered
119 Posts
so what if pvc looks like crap! the goal is more power while still working right.
i have seen piping kits on ebay for like $60 though, and saving that much might not take that long. but i feel that looks(especially under the hood) come after all other concerns(namely power) not every one can afford to drop 5 grand into their car after all.

i have plans to buy a junk yard turbo and custom build many other parts, hope to buy everything for $500.

if you do go with pvc, please post pics and help all of us with families and empty wallets, thanx.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
If all else fails just JB Weld that sucker.

·
Registered
167 Posts
[ghost civic]
i have plans to buy a junk yard turbo and custom build many other parts, hope to buy everything for $500.

Good Luck...

·
Registered
428 Posts
you can get the BOV pipe from a 2g eclipse, it is already plastic, and then put the BOV on with a little bit of fabbing, i ran 8 lbs with no problems whatsoever for well over a month. I used PVC, some pipe glue, and then painted it black with grill paint. not one problem

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi im boosting an 89 civic with 11 PSI with 2.5" PVC pipe i mean it looks like straight azz but it works, my civics just to play around with and dogg it all the time and the PVC pipe still working and ebay has adapters that will fit most BOV just get some silicon couplings it will work

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the responses . i wish i could do the turbo for under 500.00 . if i didnt have to buy an engine i probably could . my friend makes log type mani's and i found a FMIC starion intercooler on ebay for 130.00 shipped and i have to get the obd -0 to obd1 harness where i can use crome and uberdata on it to get a decent ass dyno tune . my friend who makes the logs , also the ex - airplane mechanic has got about 3000.00 in his ls turboed eg hatch . he runs 12.53 @ 119 on DRs . he started putting 110 in it and giving it more timing and he keeps breaking axles . his best 1/8 is 8.03 @ 91 . his last pass out he said it was apeing ass ( hauling ass ) and when he to shift into 3rd axle broke and he coasted to a 9.2 @ 57mph . but anywyas , got off on a rant , but yeah i will try to post pics . this is also a beater car . i traded a set of shit ass 17s for this hf crx . i have since gutted it cmpletely and made some necessary holes with a hole saw :) i hope to run around 14lbs and run mid to high 12s . but i will keep everyone posted . i am going to make my home here instead of honda tech because they flame ALOT and everyone gets tired of it .

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
ok but i know this has not been mentioned yet...
but do any of you realize that when you heat up PVC piping and there are no liquids involved it emits extremely toxic gases? that can really screw up your AR...not to mention you and anyone near your car...
I have an old set of pipes for sale here that are stainless with 2 U bends..
you'll be much better off for later trust me.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts