Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wa wondering if the ebay intercooler pipes n intercooler are reliable? if not where can i get some reliable pipes. or should i do it myself? what are the best silicone hose and clamps?
im piecing together a turbo kit i will be running 6-8psi

thank you

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
uhh.. buy some or dont. believe it or not some are so dirt cheap they will use PCV piping for sub 10 psi set-ups. you def sound like the type. costs about the same as the ebay pipes, but will probably out last them and will at least have thick enough walls so that the pipes/tubes dont bend the second you look at them.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Pipes are pipes. As long as there some type or metal they will work. Just know that custom jobs mean you need something to cut the pipes. Go-autoworks is a bolt on kit. And get some silicon couplers something that says how many plys it is are normaly the good ones. Also bead rolled pipes for high boost but u shouldn't need that at your psi level

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
1) Pipes are pipes. 2) As long as there some type or metal they will work.
umm, no.. no.. just plain no.

1) ever tried to clamp thin walled metal tubing? guess not, or you would know why this very thought makes your comment retarded.

2) doesnt have to be metal to work. rubber or pcv have been show to work.

but this is just to nit pick. "custom" piping kits really just means that your going to pay 2-3x more then if you just went with a kit from a reputable shop. seriously, this is shown over and over again. kits are cheap and come with any number of designs for almost every time of set-up.

·
Registered
Sl2,Cx Hatch
646 Posts
I have a CX racing pipe kit, Looks great, Made good too, was 120 bux. I will be putting it in this weekend, I will let you know how it fits.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
i'll chime in on this one.....

i have been running a "ebay" kit for about 4 years now. i will say that the couplers that come with the kits are shyt but will hold 8-10psi. i upgraded with my second setup. be prepared to make modifications to fit your setup. i spent $99 on mine, if you have the $$$ to buy a kit that is better do it but if not, the ebay will work just fine,

BTW, i would get t-clamps, they are better.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I ran the SRE kit on my 6th gen hatch. Like most of those kits, you have to trim to fit a little. Overall it worked out perfect for my setup. Picked up t-bolt clamps and the necessary couplers form Silicone Intakes.

The tubing that comes with the CX Racing kits is super thick. That stuff it really nice.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
umm, no.. no.. just plain no.

1) ever tried to clamp thin walled metal tubing? guess not, or you would know why this very thought makes your comment retarded.

2) doesnt have to be metal to work. rubber or pcv have been show to work.

but this is just to nit pick. "custom" piping kits really just means that your going to pay 2-3x more then if you just went with a kit from a reputable shop. seriously, this is shown over and over again. kits are cheap and come with any number of designs for almost every time of set-up.
Might have said that too loosely. Also I have only been getting lke 2hrs sleep aday. But as long as the pipe isn't paper thin it will hold up. And yes I had some thin pipes and they bent when I. Tighten it. So let me. Say it again as long as the pipe is thick enough it will work. Steel wprks and can be welded but its heavier.

·
Registered
95 civic ex
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there is a guy on h-t selling the intercooler piping from a turbonetics kit for $140 shipped is it worth it?

ans yes im a noob sorrry

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
We build Intercooler piping kits regularly that come with all hardware to install.

If your wanting to DIY we also sell the mandrel bends, couplers, and clamps individually.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts