Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was mocking up my intercooler today and was looking for some suggestions on mounting it. *It's going onto an EG hatch. *The entire intercooler had to be removed. *It's a pretty big Greddy unit. *It fits in just fine but the mounting tabs on the bottom are horizontal and are at the middle of the core support. *There is a vertical tab at the top but the only thing close to it is the hood latch. *Our idea was to cut slots in the core support and run bolts down through the bottom tabs.

So I was just looking for brain storming on ways to mount it. *Sorry I don't have any pics. *Completely forgot to take some at the garage.**

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Weld a 1/2" nut to the intercooler, drill thru bumper support, and use loc-tite on the 1/2" bolt

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Make brackets that bolt to the bottom side of the rad support. Theres threaded nuts down there.

If that doesnt work, make a cross bar like the OEM bumper rebar and attach to that from the top.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
put the oem bumper bar back, it has holes spaced almost perfectly you can use with some fender washers.

·
Registered
Civic and Accord
225 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts