Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new here I don't know much about Honda's but I have a good understanding of engines and mechanics in general I own a 1993 dx coupe with a d16y7 engine and a 5 speed. I've had it almost a year now it's completely stock and now I'm thinking about turboeing it. I can't afford to buy a whole kit so I'm going to try to piece it together starting with a new fuel pump. I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way but for right now I'm just wondering if I can put in an intercooler without removing the stock front bumper cover I want to keep the car completely stock looking? If this is in the wrong spot please let me know thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
it depends on the intercooler, a lot of them will require some trimming on the inside of the bumper cover.
its kind of a waste of time to install just the ic, because you will have to 'plumb' the entire kit. usually requires a little tweaking or clearancing.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I suggest not even touching a damn thing on teh car until you have a bunch of parts ready to install.

keep the car as stock as possible, attain the best gas mielage without adding weight from useless parts

then when you have a couple grand ready to spend, grab a good oem or aftermarket turbo, and start the ball rolling

1 - 5 of 5 Posts