Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where yoiu can get intercooler cores without the tanks on the sides.. thinking off making my owen!

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
any of the makers of intercoolers will have one they could probably sell you. its not really something you see on most sites, since most dont have the skills/tools to build their own end to end intercooler.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i was thinking about doing the ebay thing, but i remember a while back i came accross some site that sold them, just can't remember what it was! any sugestiong for intercooler websites??

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah i was thinking about doing the ebay thing, but i remember a while back i came accross some site that sold them, just can't remember what it was! any sugestiong for intercooler websites??
cx racing makes decent intercoolers for cheap. but it also depends on your hp on what intercooler you run

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome i'll check it out thanks, you know anyone on here that made their own, i wanna check out their thread.

only reason i'm doing this cause i read steiners build thread and he was having overheating problems with his setup and i noticed that his intercooler inlet tank was sitting right in front of his oil cooler and rad and wasn't getting any flow to the rad until he got a full size rad, but i don't want the full rad so i wanna make my own to sit on the left side of the bumper about the the size of a half rad but so it doesn't interfear with the flow to the oil cooler and intercooler.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I bought one the other day from eBay store just intercoolers which is also Cx racing bought a 29x11x3 for 120 shipped can't wait get it ill post pics when i do_Ona side not has anyone ever toyed with the idea of putting s slim fan on back of intercooler running with a switch to act as a extractor and draw air faster threw intercooler at low speeds

·
Registered
6,676 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
It's not mine.

As I said I found it on google. Try it.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Garrett sells intercooler cores, and they have many different sizes/styles for different HP goals too.

Find a core that suits your needs, get the part number, start googling (and try eBay).
Big companies (Full Race springs to mind) also sell the cores. They might not list them, but contact them.

TurboByGarrett.com - Catalog

1 - 12 of 12 Posts