Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 celica
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the process of swapping my 89 dx to an si. i got the motor in changed the harness over to mpfi. i gotta d16z6 IM, a b18 TB, aem fuel rail and FPR... i know i can somehow use the DX throttle cable, but i don't want to. i want to know do i need to use the si throttle cable or can i get a throttle cable from another d-series motor?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
DPFI cable will work, no mods, just the cable is longer. GSR and/or ITR are the shortest IIRC. There's not much to throttle cables; so you just need the throttle cable itself...

·
Registered
93 celica
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would the longer throttle cable reduce throttle response or anything? should i clean up the IM before i put it in? or should i jus "get 'er done"??

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
would the longer throttle cable reduce throttle response or anything? should i clean up the IM before i put it in? or should i jus "get 'er done"??
not enough length to worry about, and cleanign it is gonna be easier now that on the car...!

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Yup, missing the throttle bracket.

A shorter cable will look cleaner and a tad less friction depending on how you have your cable routed(with my DPFI cable, I had to make it go down and turn back towards the throttle body, effort difference wouldn't really be noticeable unless you have a very weak foot)

·
Registered
93 celica
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good eye... i didn't even notice i was missing that.... back to the junk yards tomorrow... i gotta pick up some odds n ends.... like that bracket.... weak foot... lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts