Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing an auto to manual swap and id like to remove this box from under the dash completely.

Possibly even remove the wires from the harness completely is there a way to do this?

I've tried looking at all sorts of wiring diagrams but cant seem to find one that shows what each wire is, I'm also mainly finding that its referred to as an 8 pin plug in all the pdfs im reading, however mine has 9 wires (14 pin plug)

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
tear apart the ignition assembly, remove the lock box, usually blue, and remove that small fat pin.

Problem solved.

find the 92-00 civic auto to manual swap guide that is archived on honda-tech. Lots of pictures if they are still showing.

dont worry about removing that harness. unplugging it leaves it locked into palce, as it requires a power signal to "unlock". This is why teh pin must be removed.

EDIT bad memory on my part. not a pin inside the steering coloumn.

reference here, scroll way down.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/[faq]-96-00-auto-manual-swap-full-detail-44pics-1337459/

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!

Mines grey
[/IMG]

not blue as every guide suggests that it should be (ej1 if that matters)

Im interested in the pin, as most guides only mention wiring up and joining wires.

motors not going back in car for awhile so cant experiment with it for awhile thats why i was thinking of slimming down that harness of everything it shouldnt need

1 - 3 of 3 Posts