Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
JDM SiR DC2 Integra
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Integra DC2 Front Bumper Swap (UPDATED!!) - HELP!

Hi to all,
I have here Integra DC2 1994 JDM and was wondering if front bumper from 1998-2001 Integra DC2 (same model quad light just slightly newer shape and year) would bolt on direct on to same chassis w/o modifications?

IS IT NECESSARY TO GET FRONT BUMPER REINFORCEMENT/SUPPORT BAR FOR THIS CONVERSION? ADVANTAGES DISADVANTAGES???

CHECK THIS LINK...
Front Bumber Support BAR

I understand that I will need new headlights, and sidelights.

Current look/model:

The NEW LOOK should be like this:

Hope someone knows about this...

THANKS!

AS MANY OPINIONS - BETTER!

·
Registered
JDM SiR DC2 Integra
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to change your front bumper, headlights and blinker lenses. thats it.

yeah... so I just ran trough ebay listing for fender and hoods and found they all suit 1994 to 2001 integra's... thats nice...!!! no modifications needs to be done whatsoever right? I suppose it bolts on even on the same spots where old bumper use to bolt, right?

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
:bigok:

im actually in the process of doing this myself. i only need one more headlight.

BTW...what lip is on that integra in the second pic?

·
Registered
JDM SiR DC2 Integra
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
:bigok:

im actually in the process of doing this myself. i only need one more headlight.

BTW...what lip is on that integra in the second pic?

I think its OEM Like ITR style lip... check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330390819926&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D330390819926%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
thats what I bought today and it is apparently Integra TypeR Bumper with original Lipkit on it... looks very similar to me...

What do u guys think??

·
Registered
01 Gsr And 06 Xrunne
231 Posts
agreed with levi done this before to a buddys 95 integra threw on a 98 front end thats all that was need all bolt on easy as cake man

·
Registered
Eg civic
46 Posts
yes sir but You need to change your front bumper, headlights and blinker lenses and has far as rewiring your turn signals i didnt have to when i switched my 97 front bumper to a 01 no did i have to rewire my jdm side markers.

·
Registered
182 Posts
yes sir but You need to change your front bumper, headlights and blinker lenses and has far as rewiring your turn signals i didnt have to when i switched my 97 front bumper to a 01 no did i have to rewire my jdm side markers.
Do both of your blinker lights blink? I'm positive that 1 light blinks, but don't alternate back and forth like they are suppose to.....Let me and the OP know how yours work.

·
Registered
Eg civic
46 Posts
i believe so lol i sold the car about three weeks ago but honestly never paid attention to it i know the were on when i had my running lights on,

·
Registered
JDM SiR DC2 Integra
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok so as it seems everything goes right on just fine... ok what about the headlights? Anybody has originals for few bucks? or should I get a set of eBay??

I was looking trough and found some good stuff to go with that like this:
Chrome Headlights

Sonar Chrome Headlights

Another set of chrome headlights

or

Black Headlights ...

and then these ...

Black Headlights

Have any of you guys bought any of those from ebay for your own experience? Does it line up perfect with bumper headlight holes?

By the way, my car is black, what would look best on it? Black or Chrome Headlights?

Thank you all for help and opinion !

BTW

Already picked up nice amber turn signals for good price here:
98-01 Integra Amber Bumper Indicators

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
ebay because you cant sell or buy until 65 posts

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
I think you can buy but not sell till 65 posts....I havent read the rules but those rules went in place after me so...

·
Registered
JDM SiR DC2 Integra
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think you can buy but not sell till 65 posts....I havent read the rules but those rules went in place after me so...

ok that would be cool with me bcause I would buy only :p

anyway IMO black headlights would look way better than chrome in new bumper, what do u think?

just made some painting on this one here what would it looked like:

Attachments

·
Registered
01 Gsr And 06 Xrunne
231 Posts
imo i dont like them aftermarket ones tegs n halos is :greddy:...just my 2 cents...go oem or as close as u can get to it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts