Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hummmm.
I know that ST makes a 24mm front bar for the civic...I dont know what the size is for the TEG, but can anyone share this?

Please advise.

Robin

· ridin on rotas
2,396 Posts
a rear type r sway bar is 22mm. it won't fit a civic. you have to drill . I don't think that any integra bars will fit a civic. aftermarket sway bars are for civics or integras. not both. a del sol rear sway bar will fit a civic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 99 EX Cpe with the Suspension Tech front and rear Sways. They are 26 mm up front and 19 mm out back. They made a big diff and they complemented the rest of my set up really well. I was lookin into SI sways or Teg sways but the SI front control arms are different so it was going to be a huge pain in the ass to do that. From what i have read if you go with anything bigger than a 19 mm rear bar you need to reinforce your rear subframes too or you can tear them out. The Suspension Tech bars where the easiest way to go. I got them from Summit for a great price and I am very happy with them.

· Registered
76 Posts
I thought a GS-R swaybar will bolt right on to a 96-00 Civic? The holes are already drilled in the LCAs on my Civic … I was looking to buy a rear sway off of a 95 Integra, but I want to make sure it'll fit. Thoughts?

EDIT: Apparnetly, you need the Si endlinks for the GS-R to bolt up to the Civic EX.

· Banned
117 Posts
Sushiboy said:
I thought a GS-R swaybar will bolt right on to a 96-00 Civic? The holes are already drilled in the LCAs on my Civic … I was looking to buy a rear sway off of a 95 Integra, but I want to make sure it'll fit. Thoughts?

EDIT: Apparnetly, you need the Si endlinks for the GS-R to bolt up to the Civic EX.
I just tryed that. You need alot of washers and to drill new holes in the LCA. Si end links cost like 60 each!!!! Maybe i am not going to the right dealership???? Anyways the end of the rear sway extents out about 3 inches away from the LCA's and the kind of bending moment the end link will see because of this distance is really going to decrease the effectivness of the rearsway. AKA you have to take off the end links that come with the sway bar and make new ones and try to move the end closer to the LCA. I am going to try making endlinks very soon at the SAE shop (check out the website). Hopfully that will work! If I can make an easy install with parts easily found at home depot Ill post it. But because of the pain involved in doing all this crap i recommend just waiting, saving up your money and getting an aftermarket one. It will be stronger and easy to install. By the way i got the rear sway off the integra for like 9 bucks (14mm) , so dont pay much for that rear sway. 30 bucks should be your MAX.

Also the front sway from an integra will NOT Fit EVER . Trust me i know. tryed it already.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.