Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
intake is plastic! wtf :shocked: .......... i want 2 boost! in not going 2 boost with that. anyone know of any good manifold. or will i have 2 weld one up?

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
the stock intake arm is plastic. it's designed that way for a reason. I double the manifold is plastic, if it were it would melt from the engine heat at operating temps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
no guys. the intake MANIFOLD... like plenum, runners, etc.... the actual part the TB bolts to. its plastic on the d17a2 i have in the garage. I'm thinking its from the same GM technology that gave us the amazing d17 exhaust manifold.

The d17 is just a plain shitty design imo. very restricting. seems like an old DPFI setup modified to have 4 injectors.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Ya they suck.. But you can boost just fine w/ it. Lots of people boost their d17's on 7thgencivic and have no probs w/ it..

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think they do have butterflies. I have an 01 DX and the whole thing is plastic. It has some piece that is like a big plate that goes inbetween the mani. and the head. It's a crappy design, but I'm sure it will hold up. I dont think any companies make a decent replacement for it that isnt race only. BTW 01+ EX sux compared to 01+ DX. ex with 7whp more and 300 more lbs.. pfft. POS vtec-e

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, you can boost them pretty easy with no problems, some guys have been able to use the I/M from the D16y8, but it is alot of work involved into it. Remember this, we are having problems now because the aftermarket is trying to play catch up, as time goes on you will see more and more parts available for this engine, be patient, you can easily work with that you have. I agree that it is very restricting, but remember this boosting it right, will work on some of those restrictions i.e exhaust manifold, exhaust, injectors. You could also do some head work, that would will, if you can narrow it down where the only real place of weakness is the I/M it is just a matter of time before they start making after market ones, because everyone is bitching about that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts