Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm getting close to getting my motor and turbo build done I'm sorting the last few bits out, I was wondering what 96-2000 owners do about their IAT sensor?
On my EJ6 it's just pushed into a rubber grommet in the induction kit.
Now, I have no problems with drilling a hole to put it in my charge pipe, but I can't see the rubber grommet or the sensor staying put when in boost.

So far I'm thinking, glue it in?
Or would a CRV sensor thats drilled and tapped into the charge pipe also work?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of epoxying it in, but I'd be pretty screwed if I ever needed to replace it

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
crv iat FTW

weld a nut to the piping and thread it in!!!

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Just need to find a CRV IAT sensor then!They're not too common over here
Try and find one at your local honda dealer.

OR

Cart Contents Honda Parts at HondaPartsDeals.com: Honda Accessory, Honda Car Parts, Honda Auto Parts, Honda Accord Parts[ProductID]=CR-V&Label[YearID]=2000&Label[DoorID]=5&Label[GradeID]=LX+(2WD)&Label[AreaID]=KA&Label[TransmissionID]=4AT&Label[SectionID]=ENGINE&Label[IllustrationGroupID]=INTAKE+MANIFOLD+(2)&ProductID=7&YearID=18&DoorID=3&GradeID=385&AreaID=2&TransmissionID=5&SectionID=1&IllustrationGroupID=2413

part #11

only $25 US!

call them up, see if they ship to England.

that link is acting gay, go to hondapartsdeals.com and search 2000 honda crv LX auto, then engine, then intake manifold!!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think it may well be cheaper for me to order one from the States....Honda UK want £55.80 for it!
Which works out at $95 on the current exchange rate!

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Think it may well be cheaper for me to order one from the States....Honda UK want £55.80 for it!
Which works out at $95 on the current exchange rate!
Definately order from the states!!!

If they are giving you trouble and don't want to ship, I will gladly get one from the dealer and ship it to you.

Just let me know!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Definately order from the states!!!

If they are giving you trouble and don't want to ship, I will gladly get one from the dealer and ship it to you.

Just let me know!
I've emailed them, but I may very well have to take you up on that offer!

BLK - That's also a good alternative, I know I can get AEM stuff from the USA with no problems.

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
You can get a GM IAT sensor and it's cheaper than the AEM one. Temps are right on with Honda ones.

GM Open Element IAT Sensor with Pigtail DIYAutoTune.com

and the weld-on bung

3/8" NPT Stainless Steel Weld-On Bung for IAT or CLT Sensor DIYAutoTune.com

You're looking at $30 plus shipping for this setup from DIYAutotune.

My buddy has an extra one if those guys won't ship to the UK. I'll happily facilitate the sale for you since he doesn't belong to the forum. He bought it and then ended up buying all my IC piping.

What it looks like on my old FMIC pipe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts