Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I currently drive a 96 Honda Civic with a d16y8 and just previously swapped a d16z6 intake onto after hearing from multiple people that the air flow is better than the y8 manifold. But after doing so I have noticed the car burning more oil than normal and it hesitating on acceleration till it goes past 2500 rpm. Has anyone else had this problem of they done the swap? And if So could you help me diagnose the problem? Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used my y8 throttle body and just the felpro gasket and no I didn't my stock iacv bolted to the other intake

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,102 Posts
hook the pcv valve back up?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah everything was hooked back up then I capped off the purge valve and the crankcase breather and that helped out a little but still having issue. When I had everything hooked up I had a evap leak code show up after I capped everything and deleted the code it hasn't came back on. The only lines running to the intake right now are the fuel pressure regulator and brake booster

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
how does a very simple intake manifold swap turn into burning more oil?

something is out of whack. is the PCV hooked up?

it really sounds like you simply jumped into the manifold swap instead of looking through information and preparing yourself.

dont plug all that crap off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts