Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Civic, crv, titan
1,505 Posts
why? wtf? What are you calling a ram air intake? thats what i mean by define a ram air intake.......Its noobs like you that freakin set me off. You wanna ask stupid ass questions before doing reasearch. Thats why there is an internet and thats why d series has a search so that we dont get repitive stupid questions from noobs.......

I hope this freakin helps

a short ram and a cold air intake do the same damn thing, the diff is the cold air tube is a lil longer bringing in air that is a degree of two cooler resulting in a 1/2 hp or so gain over a short ram intake. The down fall to a cold air intake is that the filter is at the bottom of the car and if you drive through a deep ass water puddle you will suck the water into the engine...which is a bad thing!

·
Registered
Civic, crv, titan
1,505 Posts
You would think they would appreciate a search forum, the old school tuners, never had somethin like that to make their life easier....they found out how to do things by actually doing them, atleast on here we have the benefit of looking at it before gettin in over our heads.....

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
it was just a fucking question you fucking prick

FUCK YOU GET THE FUCK OUT YOU FUCKING PRICK. LEARN TO FUCKING RESPECT. ASSHAT!!!!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
why? wtf? What are you calling a ram air intake? thats what i mean by define a ram air intake.......Its noobs like you that freakin set me off. You wanna ask stupid ass questions before doing reasearch. Thats why there is an internet and thats why d series has a search so that we dont get repitive stupid questions from noobs.......

I hope this freakin helps

a short ram and a cold air intake do the same damn thing, the diff is the cold air tube is a lil longer bringing in air that is a degree of two cooler resulting in a 1/2 hp or so gain over a short ram intake. The down fall to a cold air intake is that the filter is at the bottom of the car and if you drive through a deep ass water puddle you will suck the water into the engine...which is a bad thing!
1/2 hp?????

try 8-9 HP, the only people who suck up water are the idiots who run without the fender liners.........

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
1/2 hp?????

try 8-9 HP, the only people who suck up water are the idiots who run without the fender liners.........
very true.........also, its not just a hp difference either. Each setup effects different parts of the powerband. With a short ram intake you improve more on the bottom end of the rpm range (top end is improved also, just not as noticable) and the cold air improves more on the top end of the rpm range.

feel free to ask questions man. thats why this is a forum.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
there is a 8-9 hp gain by using a cold air intake over a short ram? I dont think so.......
why wouldnt there be? There is more than just a few degrees difference from the air brought in next to the road compared to the air brought in righ next to the motor. Like everyone should know, cold air is more dense which means that for each little bit that is brought in makes more of a difference in power.

Also, piping size matters when you choose an intake setup. 3" isnt always the best, especially for short ram. just a thought though, but maybe im wrong.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
I just have a hard time believeing there is a 8hp diff between a cold air and a short ram.....
they make them for a reason. If they did the EXACT same thing and had the EXACT same results, why would they continue to make each one? Why not just make a short ram only, or a cold air only? Because they have dyno slip proof that justifies that each one has their own advantages, and YES cai do hold a larger hp advantage than that of a short ram.

theres lots of proof to it if you would just use the search function. Im not trying to be an ass, but you did just flame someone for saying something without searching. Ive seen a few threads on a search i just did that have dyno proof of the difference.

just a thought, but hey, this thread is actually coming out to be very informative. I just dont like to see people get flammed for asking a simple question that would take a few seconds to answer compared to an entire paragraph flamming someone that took several minutes to type. Everyone is just trying to learn and the only way to do it is by answering questions.

·
Registered
826 Posts
1/2 hp?????

fo sho, i have a huge increase from my CAI compared to short ram...and yes only idiots do hydro lock.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts