Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members,
I bought a Edellbrock performerX intake for my D15B and wonder if it's a good thing if i portmatch them since there is a difference in sizes.

Kind regards,
Ferdinand

·
Registered
50 Posts
Without a gasket laying on top of both ports, I'm not sure anyone could really tell you.

The kickout for the injector looks bigger on the head but you don't want to open that up on the intake unless you want the air speed to be slower.

Depending on the amount of overlap, you want the port on the intake to be slightly smaller than the port in the head to act as somewhat of a stop against reversion.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without a gasket laying on top of both ports, I'm not sure anyone could really tell you.

The kickout for the injector looks bigger on the head but you don't want to open that up on the intake unless you want the air speed to be slower.

Depending on the amount of overlap, you want the port on the intake to be slightly smaller than the port in the head to act as somewhat of a stop against reversion.
Oke, i will lay down the gasket on both sides to check. ill post some pictures later on!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Since it is time consuming to match both the intake and head surfaces perfectly most just go with the intake slightly smaller than the head opening.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm using a Edellbrock gasket, this is how it looks like on my head.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looking at your pictures id say its not worth the time to do it.

you want the intake to be smaller than the head. if you plan on paying someone to do it its not worth the money.

depending on your goals that is. but imo just run it as is.
Thank you for your reaction, I'm not paying anyone to do it just want to learn to do it myself. How about i just pollish the exhaust side of the head? and is it a good idea trying to get rid of the cast markings on the intake side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts