Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Civic EX SE 2dr
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fisrt of all i have a 2005 civic ex se with 1.7 d17a2....I need an intake manifold really bad. trying to put this tsi gt25r to work...please help.....( i also need an aftermarket head if anyone knows))

·
Registered
2005 Civic EX SE 2dr
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i have and... well i cant seem to find any... i was just wondering if anyone knew anything.

·
Registered
2005 Civic EX SE 2dr
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well damn my turbo is only running 6 psi cause i dont wanna mess shit up.. how much more psi can i add on with stock internals(only stage 2 cam) and stock intake maniforld

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
With the F/IC, you are limited by the stock MAP sensor. It freaks out after 9-10 psi so that's as high as you can boost with your current setup. If the tune is solid, crank it up and have some fun.

No need to upgrade internals until you upgrade to Hondata kpro and even then not until 14psi and then its rod bolts, swap them out to ARPs. If you're happy at that power level, then don't worry about it. If you want more power, then you need rods and pistons. Crower makes rods and so does K1. Wiseco makes forged pistons for you and they also sell the K1 rods. Good friend of mine is running 16 psi on kpro, stock rods and pistons (ARP rods bolts) and a custom cam and has zero issues.

Stock IM will hold as much boost as you can throw at it. Folks have boosted 20 pounds on the stock composite IM with no problems.

Before upping the boost, make sure you've taken care of the PCV setup and are running a catch can.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
yea i found that one its just ugly as hell..lol
Um...your ugly as hell and apparently uneducated. A sheet metal manifold is going to be your best bet for boost, sk2 and blox are not only the same shit, but its only ok...I would never buy one. Why do you even need an after market manifold?...Thats right, you don't. You need to spend your money where it is more important, like a tune and fuel system shit. When we say search, we don't mean just for a product, but why it is a good/bad product and will it actually compliment your build.

Edit: hahaha I'm wayyyy late on the reply. So yeah, that mani wouldn't do much for you but look cool. Gl with your build.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts