Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello ,

i wanna ask, which one is the best of intake manifold, Skunk2,Edelbrock performerX and BloX
from some aspect like, value for money, quality and power gain, best fitment on engine , and match with B16A Throttle body

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
1) all of these manifold fit a b-series tb
2) i would pick the blox for it being cheap and being well built and it performs
3) if i had the money i would buy the skunk 2
4) i dont like putting a brand of parts that usually is for domestics.(edelbrock)
5)SEARCH

·
Registered
901 Posts
skunk2! actually all of them are decent... just depends on how much cash you wanna spend. if you like a flashy look, get the skunk2, if you're cool with lookin stock, go blox. and if you wanna try and hang out with the american cars, get an edlebrock...j/k

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got my Skunk 2 IM on Ebay $229 no tax or shipping, when I installed it I came into 2 problems which where an extra air/vaccum hose I didn't know if it was neccessary so i just capped it off and an IAT sensor plug that I couldnt find at auto parts store so I put a bolt with sealant stuff on it. Other than those two small things it was really easy but make sure to label hoses and sensors with masking tape and take some pics for back up. The bad news for you is that it was a on a D16Y8 so i dont know what will happen on a "B".

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it true that edelbrock no value for money ? what about performance ? is it not better than skunk2 or BloX ?

what about Y8's stock intake mani that port match with B16A TB ?is it more economic and value for money ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know edelbrock did a good job....their engineers are top notch......I personally would run a stock manifold and just port match the SOB. Save some money for boost, nitrous, or a header or something.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a skunk2 and just sold it...i mean compare to the stock...having the skunk2 does make a different i guess...but i wasn't so sure about how much power gain or power loss but i do feel that it responded better when i had the skunk2 on it instead of the stock...but yea im back to stock since im planning on going b-series now...anywase...go try blox!...for me..i wasn't so satisfy with the skunk2...

and again...since it's only a single cam my point of view is that we would want the air to flow faster into our motor so maybe u could try edelbrock as well...

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Everybody makes some really good points in all areas. Me personally I just ordered the Blox IM. It has gotten decent reviews it looks tight and I'm sure it will be a nice improvement over my Z6 IM. Skunk looks good all so,but the blox is all most identical for a lot cheaper. I guess if you care about paying extra for a Emblem on you're mani then get the Skunk otherwise go Blox FTW.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
I hear good things about the skunk2. Edelbrock looks like it'd be better for higher rpm(shorter plenums). Well, that is if my memory serves me right. I've never heard anything about the blox except the above.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts