Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my first post, what up all, i have been on here looking at the similarity link for the d16v1 and the d17, i was wondering if anyone knew where to get a performance intake manifold for the d16v1, or where i can get a custom made intake manifold

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mods

i have a cold air intake and 17 in voxx rims, front shox are kyb gr-2

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
usdm d16y8 with little mods... go to 7thgencivic.com and do a search there.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
290 Posts
ya, go with the y8 manifold, its the best oem manifold for the d-series engines(the y8 manifold is the d-series "Type R" manifold).

·
Registered
138 Posts
TREBLE said:
ya, go with the y8 manifold, its the best oem manifold for the d-series engines(the y8 manifold is the d-series "Type R" manifold).
Any idea what is the size of the opening and the runner? :thehump:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have one a little bit ported to match the d17A2 head. Now it is 43mm.

Stock should be 40-42mm wide, 32mm vertically (the "injector hole" not included), and 42 w/injector hole.

The throttle port 57mm.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok but injector and trottle body you stay with yours or you change for other models?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is there any difference between a automatic and manual d16y8 intake manifold?

·
Registered
397 Posts
maxquebec said:
ok but injector and trottle body you stay with yours or you change for other models?
you can stay with your injectors and throttle body, but need a little thinking. First, you need bigger o-rings, plann hold the fuel rail with some "strips" of aluminum because the bolts on the manifold aren't in the same places, so with those pieces of aluminum you can bend them and hold sown the rail. The 7th gen injectors are smaller (outside, don't mean its flow capacity) than the 6th gen.

I don't know if the throttle body fits directly, but there are some other posts about that. I recommend the use of bigger throttle body, like the LS or GSR.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have it already installed in my car. Use flat steel and weld it to hold the fuel rail. You don't need bigger o'rings. I just use injector seals that uses the y8 and leave the OEM d17 injector o'rings.

The throttle body doesn't fit in that manifold. Firt the bolt holes on the d17 have smaller diameter, the first problem if you plann to use it. I use a CRV k24 throttle (60mm), port match it with the manifold, milled the manifold for the IAC valve (idle air control) and the MAP sensor.

I use epoxy to seal the holes for the y8 IAC and use the same flat steel to build a "holder" for the throttle cable. Then attach this "holder" with the bolts that are for the y8 IAC.

To make the k24 IAC work with the d17 I remove the IAC from the throttle, then seal the ports on the trhottle with epoxy and drill a hole (about 1/8 inch) on each port. Then start the engine, let it to reach the normal temperature and set the idle speed with the idle screw.

Something that you need to do is move down the "heater contol valve" (I don't know its real name) and the A/C lines. If the A/C lines are in contact with any other thing use a piece of hose, cut at the half, then place it in the contact area. If you don't do this the metallic A/C lines will be broken.

Also the type-s and the 02-05 si throttle should fit (62mm). The type-s and the si have the same throttle.

·
Registered
397 Posts
iamcwis said:
is there any difference between a automatic and manual d16y8 intake manifold?
I am not sure, but not. I think the y5 is practically the same too. Some that I don't see mentioned is if you install this manifold you should seal EGR port (a little hole in the head where the y8 manifold have a water passage).

EGR = exhaust gas recirculation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts