Honda D Series Forum banner

Intake manifold

4K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  2drz6 
#1 ·
For my 600hp goal, will I see a very noticable difference if I get a golden eagle intake manifold? I have a y8 intake on my z6 now.

#2 ·
At least get an Edelbrock.

#8 ·
I agree. At your target power level you need a good manifold. If a deal is there take it while it's hot.

#11 ·
Edelbrock seems to do pretty well, but I don't have first hand comparisons of Edelbrock to either stock or GE.

#13 ·
The GE is probably the best mass manufactured D-series manifold for big turbo power, but its far from being the best. In particular, the plenum, which is quite big, is not very well designed.

You may want to look into building a manifold. Im not sure how much fabrication skill you have, but Id imagine you have at least a little bit if you plan on making that much power.

#15 ·
g/e is one of the best off the shelf manifolds for big turbo d power. a custom one will cost double the price and work much better, unfortunatly 1000 intake mani isnt in most peoples budgets, hence one main reason for building the d...cheap power

i searched for 6 months and couldnt find a deal on a golden eagle, talk to bob at rcautoworks, he stocks both golden eagle and the edlebrock mani and im sure hes willing to hand out a little d-series discount :) ....i got my elebrock from him and couldnt be happier with every aspect of the transaction

#18 ·
That is a fabricated sheet metal manifold. It is very likely custom made to order and not available off the shelf. I doubt there would be much change out of $2000.

#20 ·
My buddy just bought a BMR, what a beautiful peice! However, I've never seen a d-series one before.

I have owned a GE and an AFI sheet metal one. I dont know if AFI sells them off the shelf, but if you can get your hands on one, I would say the design would be just as good or possibly slightly better than the GE for high hp applications.

#23 ·
I wouldn't touch one of those with a 10 ft pole! By far the worst manifold ever designed. Might as well use a y7 mani if you plan on using that.

#24 ·
I gota say that OBX looks like total crap.

#25 ·
Guys, it is crap until you port it. It actually is a substantial casting, which allows for a lot of material removal. I've tuned an A6 with a ported blox manifold and it made a significant difference in the tune and overall performance of the car.

#27 ·
you mean the blox manifold on my car now? lol that thing sucks. increased my spool time and chokes out starting 4500-rpms and it doesnt even carry power past 6000 ... Im totally kidding it worked a lot better than the regular blox i had and better than the skunk2.

#29 · (Edited)
#30 ·
Yes you can get good gains on a Blox or junk 2 mani if you port them. The OBX mani is such a bad design. The plenum is too big and the fitment is crappy. You would need to cut the thing up and re wield a better shaped plenum on to it. Add velocity stacks inside and re machine the flange to make it true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.