Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Skunk2 Intake Mani. and well After the install, I only have good high rpm range. the low to mid range blows donkey balls. so should i go back to the stock one?? Its kind of cool having only a higher rpms range when racing cause the guy next to me thanks he has me beat and i come zooming by after 4th gear. but I dont think that is pratical. except on the highway. so what should I do?

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
sell the skunk2 and either invest the money into something worthwhile or get the stock mani and throttle body ported out so at least you get something out of your intake, thats my opinion.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Same here, just get a Z6 mani and go nuts on it. Some have said the Edelbrock is better all around than the Skunk2, but I have never seen proof either way.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
525 Posts
I have an Edelbrock intake manifold and I think that if you race/rev high a lot then it makes a lot of sense to have all your power up in the higher rpm range where you can use it while racing. My opinion would be to get a cam and port job to compliment your manifold.

·
Registered
1994 EH9
616 Posts
i have the skunk2 mani. The only thing i can say is you can expect to feel an extreme difference from just putting a manifold on you know. YOu can expect because you put a $200 mani on there your gonna get thrown back in your seat. I expected to feel a big diference but i was wrong. Ya dig

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
You shoulda searched, we said an said, those manifolds DONT DO SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have dyno charts of them losing hp. unless its a port/polished head/cam and boost.

the stock manifold is teh BEST imo, port match it and you good.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
525 Posts
Can you post the dynos and background info of each? ie, setup of engine for each run?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah for which engine? looking at them, on average, they all lost power until 8000rpms then they gained 1 or 2 hp.but...lost around 15 until 8000rpms. but what engine ya wanna know about? cant post them all to muvh time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts