Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 chevy s10
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basicly im boostin my y8 i was lookin at the blox intake manifold has anyone used them any reviews on them. i want a skunk 2 but i cant justify spending 300 bucks if the blox unit is just as good and a hundred bucks less. also looked at the obx unit but that thing just wow... looks like a stovepipe with runners on it anyones opinoin would be appreciated

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
The Blox is a Skunk2 without Skunk2 name plate. Your stock one will do just fine as well.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
I can think of a number of things I'd rather spend 300 bucks on before an intake.

Boosted already or is it still in the making? What parts do you have so far?

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
Dont get OBX. I typically like OBX products just cuz they're cheap but I'm savin up for an edelbrock or S2 IM

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
The Blox is a Skunk2 without Skunk2 name plate. Your stock one will do just fine as well.
Would not doubt if they were sourced from the same Chinese company. Insider info. Back in the day when Skunk2 brought out the manifold and Tony Shagday was running the All Motor Integra. Devin and Mike were sales guys at Skunk2 when it was named Skunkworks. When Skunk2 moved to So Cal Devin stayed in San Fransisco, Mike moved with Tony down south. I hear Mike Switch companies to Blox, and probably knows where to source those parts from.

·
Registered
2001 chevy s10
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im assembling the motor right now. its stock bottom end, arp rod bolts, arp head studs. z6 oil pump stock head, z6 intake manifold. and i got a full greddy turbo kit i think its the 18g precision 525 injectors. im gunna break it in this winter and as soon as the ice thaws its gettin the turbo kit. thanks for the help guys much apreciated

·
Premium Member
my civic or my gsx
239 Posts
save your money or spend it on something else. your stock mani is good for as much power as you are looking at making, and just like sentry said, there are alot of other things you can spend that money on that will actually make a bigger difference.

·
Premium Member
my civic or my gsx
239 Posts
and on a side note, i have known 2 people to both get that obx mani, and both had to have them re-machined to fit. for some reason they didnt fit correctly and needed extra work. this could be because they both got them off ebay, but you can never be to sure.

·
Registered
2001 chevy s10
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what kind of power gains could i have i allready listed my build and im goin to be on 10 pounds of boost 12 max. im pretty sure ima get the blox intake and run a b18 throttle body because they are bigger and ive been told they will go right on

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
why waste the money?

stock intake and throttle body will make double the power you will be able to make with the stock rods.

you could save another couple hundred max and build the bottom end....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts