Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
yes it will fit. I would worry more about port matching the Mani and TB.
Stop posting useless shit. Didn't you get the memo?

BTW- NEVER NEVER port match a TB to the IM. Never ever ever! The IM needs to have a hole at least 4mm larger than the hole in the TB, and with a harsh step.

If you have sensitive MAP monitering equipment, you can actually see the drop in average plenum pressure at WOT after port matching or worse, putting a radius on the connection point.

With a properly sized TB for the plenum, and a harsh step in the right place, you can see as much a +0.25psi(gauge) of boost from the effective capture of return pulses. Go with a monster and or portmatched/radius setup and watch your plenum pressure always stay below 0psi(gauge).

Best Wishes,

-Luke

I hope somebody collects the post I make here... I'm not going to post the same info twice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Personal experiences bro so back the fuck off. I had a stock y8 TB on a skunk2 mani, then put an ITR Tb one the skunk2. the TB is bigger than the Mani opening and hmmmmm runs better than with the smaller y8 TB. Just cause Im new here dont mean shit, i join here hoping to expand my d-series knowledge cause clubcivic is alot of b-series talk.:haha:

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Personal experiences bro so back the fuck off. I had a stock y8 TB on a skunk2 mani, then put an ITR Tb one the skunk2. the TB is bigger than the Mani opening and hmmmmm runs better than with the smaller y8 TB. Just cause Im new here dont mean shit, i join here hoping to expand my d-series knowledge cause clubcivic is alot of b-series talk.:haha:

"back the fuck off"

Neat.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts

Originally Posted by liveforphysics View Post
BTW- NEVER NEVER port match a TB to the IM. Never ever ever! The IM needs to have a hole at least 4mm larger than the hole in the TB, and with a harsh step.

If you have sensitive MAP monitering equipment, you can actually see the drop in average plenum pressure at WOT after port matching or worse, putting a radius on the connection point.

With a properly sized TB for the plenum, and a harsh step in the right place, you can see as much a +0.25psi(gauge) of boost from the effective capture of return pulses. Go with a monster and or portmatched/radius setup and watch your plenum pressure always stay below 0psi(gauge).

Best Wishes,

-Luke

I hope somebody collects the post I make here... I'm not going to post the same info twice.
I'm so glad you kept this, i was thinking the same thing. This guy, liveforphysics, KNOWS what he's talking about. Why would you need a huge TB on a d-series, especially if its all motor. B16 with 160hp only has like a 60mm i think, or 59 in the older ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts