Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here, and hopefully this place is better than clubcivic...
Im liking the luv you all are showing for the mighty-D ... for a bit now ive been thinking of doing a b20vtec, but Ive been doing more drifting than dragging in the last 2 yrs, so the power to weight ration and balance has come to mind... so... FUCK THE B! ... I might do a mini-me eventually, but right now I just wanna get my shit running again, and increase the static output of the y7 before I turbo it or anything... (I also have a V-AFC in the car, not that it does much right now, and if it helps for the mini-me, I also have a 99-00 civic si ecu laying about).

Also, what about the OBX Power Pulleys... have a set of those to put on (alt and p/s) how much of a gain do you think this'll all give me in list format.

What do you guys think about the D16A6 Intake on the '89 crx si? (I have
a '99 civic dx d16y7 hatch btw) it has that retarted vertical TB and the si one is horiz...

Heres my car:
http://team.icewynd.com/cars/jfabiano/main.html

She's my pride and joy, and the suspension rocks on lookout mountain in Colorado.... tight hairpins like in InitialD ;-) :shocked:

I happen to have the manifold, tb, injectors and harness, and resistor box from the si (friend wrecked his crx)...

Im gonna buy a new shortblock cause i spun a bearing on the 3rd cyl.. ( previous owner ran a 125 shot of nitrous .. :( ) Ive changed the head (then the bearing went) ... im prolly gonna pay about $250 for the block, so about the same price as parts, plus no n20 abuse...

I have a race cat and plugs / wires and a short ram already...

any suggestions? or ideas on how much power Id make swapping the mani's?

And please... no ricer comments, I enjoy looking like a ricer, then handing someone their ass around a 15 mph corner doing 50+ :p

ps.

Please dont consider me a n00b, I might say stupid n00b things when Im tired, (and its 5:31 am here and i havent slept yet) but I'm definately not one ;)

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
the pulley won't add power. they will free up power. you might gain 2 hp max. it will just allow your engine to rev up faster. but I've heard that they can fuck things up. sometimes it won't allow the alt to charge correctly so you loose power in your car. I've never heard anything bad about ps pulley though.

I think the manifold typically shows gains of about 7 hp(IIRC).

also what have you been drifting in? you can't drift a civic

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I admit the weight shift is a pain in the ass, but once you get used to it.... hehehe

also, if you have issues, just pull the ebrake (i know its not a true drift, but it gets the job done)...

was thinking of forgoing the alt pulley (neon, big stereo system) but definately the ps... as for the intake, should i use the y7 tb or the a6 (lots of shit on it) and what about all the vacuum lines on the a6 mani? they are quite different, but my y7 mani is retarded and doesnt have the PGM-FI either.

I'll try to post some of my drifts one day... they arent all that, but sure are fun ;-)

any other tips on upping the power?

Im gonna turbo it eventually, but gonna do what I can before i do that cause I want sleeves too (origionaly i wanted to run a sleeved b20vtec with about 22.4 psi) I know the y7 wont take that much boost even with sleeves, but i'll push it as far as i can later on... for now i just wanna be able to keep up with those damned ex's heh

and no headers are NOT on the list..... well..... tubular turbo header is tho ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4thGEN said:
i second that, i tried it and almost flipped my shit.....
can you tell me what you did?
and how grippy your tires are?

its easiest when the weather starts kickin up moisture (my favorite).

It *IS* possible to drift a civic... I find the ek hatches to be the easiest tho, that 89 2nd gen crx my friend had didnt drift too well, the back would bounce alot and become unstable...

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Civics drift fine!! I get my ass out all the time in my EG hatch. The back is VERY unstable, and i wouldnt suggest you start drifting your civic if you have rims that you love.
But i have rims that i consider race rims (even though they are 17 inches worth $2000.00) and i bump them lots.

The trick, is to over speed into the apex of a damp corner (not a monsoonal downpour) shift the weight, and wait for it to sling back, then wind on opposite lock. Tap the brakes in the middle of the weight shift and you should have the ass out, if not..........pull that handbrake!! dont panic and leave it on though! otherwise you will get all crossed up!

WELCOME! to the BEST honda forum on the net!! Good to see another person who drifts a FF civic!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Photonic_Si said:
Civics drift fine!! I get my ass out all the time in my EG hatch. The back is VERY unstable, and i wouldnt suggest you start drifting your civic if you have rims that you love.
But i have rims that i consider race rims (even though they are 17 inches worth $2000.00) and i bump them lots.

The trick, is to over speed into the apex of a damp corner (not a monsoonal downpour) shift the weight, and wait for it to sling back, then wind on opposite lock. Tap the brakes in the middle of the weight shift and you should have the ass out, if not..........pull that handbrake!! dont panic and leave it on though! otherwise you will get all crossed up!

WELCOME! to the BEST honda forum on the net!! Good to see another person who drifts a FF civic!
FF has it the worst... im tired of all these FR and 4wd/awd drifters.... they have it so easy.... if you can drift FF, then you're the shit....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thesqad127 said:
I would get the y8 manifold instead of the A6 ....
I would too, but I happen to have the a6 sitting in my closet about 3 feet from me ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
who says you can't drift a civic. i love drifting my car. there are about 7 different ways to drift. i forget the names that i have done. just two. one using the e brake and the other just simply shifting weight to the front when entering the corner. the best is hauling ass into a corner and braking hard into a heel to toe drift the corner. gets nothing but awe from people that are watching.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
minimesleeper said:
who says you can't drift a civic. i love drifting my car. there are about 7 different ways to drift. i forget the names that i have done. just two. one using the e brake and the other just simply shifting weight to the front when entering the corner. the best is hauling ass into a corner and braking hard into a heel to toe drift the corner. gets nothing but awe from people that are watching.
You're a fuckin bad ass... mad props dude...

PAY MORE ATTENTION TO THIS GUY ... HE KNOWS THE TRUTH ABOUT FF LAYOUT...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Photonic_Si said:

mad props to ya too ;)

·
Registered
05 Wrx
167 Posts
The use of the foot brake to shift the weight is called a braking drift. The e-brake is more of a technique used to over any understeer an FF encounters during the drift. Us FF drivers have to use left foot braking to eliminate understeer and to better shift the weight and control it. I only use the drift to come out of a hairpin a little faster otherwise I just stick with normal driving techniques.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts