Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
Above
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a lot of research into this and found that the best way is to Port match everything for my Build.But since found that there isn't any any one in Australia that do this to Honda's let alone D-series :mad:,I'm not 100% sure on this so I will keep looking but in the mean time what TB and IM will be best for my car? D16y8 96 EK N/A (at the moment???).Will the head need to be ported? If I decide to go Turbo in the future is it Ok to stick with those parts?
Thanks guys,Brett.

·
Banned
Above
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brett, I've read your post about 5 or 6 times and I'm sorry I can't figure out what you're asking. You've got a Y8 in an EK (unusual) and you need to port match and/or port the head to accomplish what?
I've got D16y8 96 model EK (australia).I don't think I can find anyone here to do good port work so I think I will have to replace the parts with aftermarket ones.The idea is to get better air flowing through the whole system right.

If your going to a larger TB your manifold will need to be port matched ....without doing this a larger TB is useless

If you go turbo in the future your head doesnt need to be ported... Take a look at Bizzar's set up i believe he is running a stock head for the most part
Can I just relace the IM.I've read the Skunk 2 is too BIG,what would be a good IM?

Thanks guys.

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
I've got D16y8 96 model EK (australia).I don't think I can find anyone here to do good port work so I think I will have to replace the parts with aftermarket ones.The idea is to get better air flowing through the whole system right.

Can I just relace the IM.I've read the Skunk 2 is too BIG,what would be a good IM?

Thanks guys.
Lots of people n/a and turbo use both Skunk and Edelbrock manifolds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.