Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For everyone who picked up a used 15g turbo kit, what do you use for your intake? I've been running without a filter for a year and want to put something on it. The problem is the turbo inlet is 2 3/8". I can't seem to find any silicone couplers in that size! Plus I can't just run a air filter off of it because my clutch slave cylinder is in the way. Any pictures of your setup are appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
this might not help you but here was how the actual greddy intake was installed on my car. the coupler was actually one from greddy...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
this might not help you but here was how the actual greddy intake was installed on my car. the coupler was actually one from greddy...
Where does the nipple on the intake go to?

It'll be hard to find a S-tube. Maybe I'll try to find a used Greddy intake. If that doesn't work I'll make one out of steel tube since I only have a mig welder.

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
HEY, i have an S tube id sell you, polished aluminum just like the one you see with the mount and nipple, which by the way goes to the valve cover. Oh the pipes 2.5". This is my setup tho sorry for being blurry, 3" 45 degree coupler with 3" 45 degree bend aluminum pipe, places the filter in stock location and i love it. The S pipe i have is in the 2nd pic towards the top.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 45* will make an S. And I could be wrong but from the looks of it its the air temp senor
Yeah, I know that but I don't have a Tig welder so I'd either have to pay someone to Tig it or use a silocone coupler which would make it pretty bulky.

Yes I used the nipple for my iat...
Would you want your IAT before the turbo? I have mine mounted right before the throttle body since I figured I'd rather my ECU know how hot the air is going into the engine than into the turbo.

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
do what i did then use a 45 coupler and 45 pipe, both can be had off ebay for cheap, or buy the S pipe off me but 2 45's will do the same thing no need to use a straight coupler and 2 45 pipes, or you could buy a U bend and cut it in half then weld them together, there are alot of possibilities.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts