Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I currently have a d16a6 manifold part number "PM-6, HF-2" and a D16Y8 manifold part number "P2K IPT-2". Between the two of them the Y8 manifold is 100% complete; the A6 manifold is missing the fuel rail and injectors. From what I've noticed between the two the Y8 manifold fuel rail has 2 spots that bolt it up vs the A6 manifold that has three. After skimming though many threads I can't decide what is best to undertake and swapping into my car. It's an 89' with a D15B2. I also have a PM6 ECU to compliment all of that. What are the advantages of the two? Eventually I'm going to turbo the car so, maybe it's all together better just to run by the junkyard and find a Z6 head an toss it on the car..? Thoughts?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,462 Posts
or.....and this is a crazy thought.......

you could get a d16xx and be ahead of the curve

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,462 Posts
so, use the a6 intake with your current intake parts.....why make it harder than it needs to be?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so, use the a6 intake with your current intake parts.....why make it harder than it needs to be?
The A6 manifold has three studs to bolt up the fuel rail whereas the Y8 fuel rail has two. Maybe I could remove the center stud then attempt to adapt the Y8 fuel rail onto the A6 manifold

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fuel rail from y8 won't fit a6 intake.
I figured as much. I just wanted to use a stock fuel rail for an OEM look. I’m not trying to buy an aem or golden eagle fuel rail when a stock one flows just fine. It’s just a matter of finding one. My local junk yard doesn’t have a single EF or EG and good ol’ eCray guy want an unnecessary amount of dough for one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts