Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know much about installing a new wiring harness when doing my engine swap and I had a question

basically the only thing that is connected within the firewall (cabin side) is the ecu.

all the wires that go out of the ecu go straight thru the firewall and connect into the engine and various other parts in the engine bay (excluding fuel pump wiring)...

this is what i was told on hondaswap.com so i'm just confirming this..

also can someone tell me where the ecu in my dual carby breeze is?

·
Registered
314 Posts
some vehicles use one piece, or 2 piece harnesses, the engine harness hooks all the sensors and other electronics together, then the ecu harness run up to the firewall, and the two plug into one another, the one piece is just big peice of wire connecting everything together.

ecus, are either under the hood (usually a 6" x 8-10" box about and inch think, sometimes with cooling fins on them.), or in the vehicle behind kick panels, etc.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i think the ecu harness is part of the chassis harness.which goes though the fire wall hooks too like the headlights and shit like that and it also runs under neath the dash and round the driver seats to the feul pump and the taillights and then u got motor harness which is seprate all together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts