Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i been searching all over and i cant find any tech articles on how to do this, i heard you have to change a few wires for it to be a direct bolt in, the easy way of course would be to just put the gauges into my current USDM cluster but then i am ruining a good CRX Si cluster that i could sell or keep as a spare. so can any one please help me find a tech article with exact directions on how to install the UKDM properly? much thanks.

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
what year is the cluster and the car you are putting it into?

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the cluster is off ebay no year listed, cept teh fact it is cable driven vss like my car is., the car is a 90 crx Si, the cluster is also from a crx but its a UK version with the 9k tach and 150 mph speedo.

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
check to see if it plugs in and works. and does it have an extra plug in by the speedo?

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
i have some pics on how to put a 88-89 clucter into a 90-91 car, and vise versa, just need to dig them up and post tomo

·
Registered
269 Posts
Subscribed, I want one of those in my car too. Is it the one with amber/red lettering?

·
Registered
1988 Civic Hatch
652 Posts
90-91

88-89

easy way to tell what cluster you have, trace the tach signal. see if it goes to pin 11 or 12 of the plug

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks alot , i will let yah know as soon as it arrives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts