Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 civic & 05 gsxr
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i blew a whole in the y8 block so i orderd a d15b well started working on it finally today i
-swaped the flywheel from y8 but didnt have clutch alignment tool so i have to wait tomorrow to bolt that up.

- Then i was going to move the intake manifold and single vtec wiring over also.
what else should i swap over from the y8 to make it run? the head i am going to sell for taillights and radio bezel i want but anything else from motor?
Should have it dropd by this weekend thanks dudes

·
Registered
354 Posts
from what i have been told, the d15b IM is better for that motor then the y8, and the TB can kind of be a pain in the ass, im using an ls obd0 or obd1 TB. and the dizzy is another issue, unless you have one for the d15b you will need the housing from a z6 and the internals from the y8. I went to distributer king and got a new distributer with the jumper harness from rywire for like $180 shipped for everything. I just did one in my car, not too long ago if you have a questions hit me up.

·
Registered
99 civic & 05 gsxr
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey devil i see ur at 29 palms what mos?
mine came with its dizzy so i wasnt going to swap it out, you think i should leave regular im from the d15 on vs y8? whats a good site to buy gaskets?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts