Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI I am wanting to get an alarm for my eg for a while now Ive spent a lot of money and since its an eg I don't want it to get stolen. It might not really help it from that but at least something u know what I mean. Im thinking on getting the one with the Viper 5900.
but got questions if I should do it myself. or im thinking I might get a stereo shop to do It for me.

Okay its stock right now with the wiring for a SOHC V with ECU P28.
The plans are that I have a currently turbo SOHC V built for boost. I also have a newer hondata s300 p28 on the side. however I still need some other interrcoler etc/bov etc pipes for my setup.

im thinking if I get my alarm installed before I go turbo with p28 installed hondta s300 will that be an affect on the ecu? other stock wirings switches etc?

what parts of the harness needs to be modified when installing alarms.
I need to know what will be cut if they do the install for me do I have to worry about issues if I install my s300 etc later?

I can install some wirings but not like these alarms. im just curious if it will affect anything in near future modifying my vehicle. also ive heard the hondata s300 can do some things like set a gas pedal code before starting or whatnot. can you still do that stuff with an alarm? if I have an alarm can I do that feature also? etc...

I ask that is because I don't want to encounter any problems if I install the ecu etc?

will I be able to plug and play easily without any problems with my p28hondata s300? later. will have alarm now with stock but later might put the s300 ecu on there.

how about if I have the alarm installed what would be a sequence if I remove/install the battery of the vehicle?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,104 Posts
are you serious? does google not work where you live? if you are iffy about doing an alarm install by yourself, what in the hell makes you think you can do a turbo?

why buy and alarm and not install a few kill switches? why don't you google?

open wide, here comes the information choo choo train
How to Install a Car Alarm - 5th Generation Honda Civic EG

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Alarms scare people, but in reality they are pretty simple, especially on older cars that don't use CAN bus or MOST. I think the part that is confusing is what the wires actually do. Most of the connections are inputs. For example, constant, ignition, door trigger, hood pin, and trunk pin are all connected so that the alarm knows what is going on with the car. Door is open? The door trigger wire sends a signal to the alarm. Trunk open? That wire sends a signal to the alarm. Your other connections (door locks, trunk release, parking lights, etc) are all outputs, from the alarm to make the car do certain things. During lock/unlock, a signal from the alarm sends power (or ground) to the headlight circuit to flash the lights and simultaneously sends power (or ground) to the lock circuit to lock/unlock the doors.
The other stuff like siren, antenna, or shock sensor is just peripheral. It plugs directly into the alarm brain and does not interface with the car at all. So really, once you differentiate inputs from outputs, it will start to make sense to you. Figure that out and you'll be able to answer your own questions about whether an alarm will interfere with your new ECU

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
361 Posts
When I installed my alarm I had never installed one before. The hardest part was getting up from under the dash to crack open a fresh beer. It's not hard and the instructions tell you exactly what to do. Think about the guys you see at your local "discount" car stereo/alarm place. Do you really think "those guys" can do a better job then you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts