Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 civic DX
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a doubt, I know that in order to run 450cc injectors I need a resistor box but what else is needed? I already tried to install them with the resistors but the engine won´t start because it´s running too rich, I managed to control the injection enough for the engine to start but as soon as I press the pedal it starts to run too rich again. I tried with a resistor box, with resistors individually on the injector wires and nothing. I even tried raising up the ohms and if I add too much it won´t start, if I lower it, they inject too much. I read somewhere that a fmu is needed? I´ts just that everywhere I searched I never saw anything like what I am going through. Thanks in advance

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
you need a chipped ecu or some way of changing your fuel multiplier to run injectors that are 2x the size of stock

·
Registered
97 civic DX
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Danz, I thought so but wasn´t sure. I still need to have a resistor box after I get a chipped ecu right? Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
If youre running the stock ecu in the car its not going run very well at. Youre going to need some sort of engine management. You can get some relatively cheap with crome or neptune. Youre also going to need a wideband to monitor your air/fuel ratio to get the car driveable.

·
Registered
98 Civic coupe
26 Posts
Here in New England a lot of my buddies run DSMs I plan on using their stock injectors once I begin really tuning. Depending on where the injectors came from some require resistance others are PnP

·
Registered
97 civic DX
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I currently have the injectors but I will install them till I get my ecu chipped and tuned, yeah! Only one more week. I already have a wideband prosport air/fuel gauge as well as boost and oil temp gauge, Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts