Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This shifter is great! I had an aluminum Ebay cheapie I put in a couple years ago, it's been so terrible for the last 6 months or so. When I took it out the "bearings" that connected to the linkage were rusted solid and the centers were reamed out so the linkage rattled around on it and I could hardly find gears it was so sloppy. The B&M is a quality piece, only costs about $55 and is very solid and tight shifting, feels like an S2000 shifter. No crappy bearings to rust out.

So props to B&M, and a word of advice if you're considering the cheezy Ebay ones...don't do it! It's only another $30 or so for this nice one, which you're going to end up buying later anyhow when the low-quality piece craps out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the same shifter. It is great. The only problem is that when I installed it, I tore the dust boot. Where can I get a new one?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kommon_sense said:
where you been hiding out? if you haven't got them already get a set of energy suspensions shift stabilizer bushings. THey will make that new shifter feel even better.
Been real busy at work and stuff, if you are actually asking in regards to my absence lately.

If you mean "where have I been hiding" as in "get up to date and get these bushings!" I have had those in since I had stock shifter a few years ago...:)

I'm quite pleased with the overall performance of the shifter/bushing combo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts