Honda D Series Forum banner

Installed a apexi vafc 2 and now check engine light on

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  eh2guanaco 
#1 ·
So i purchased a vafc 2 for $50 and decided to install it yesterday...now i soldered every wire to its corresponding place...and i did the initial set-up and all that good stuff...now once i cranked the eh2...the check engine light is on...and it has stayed on since...i have not reset the ECU...but was wondering if anyone had an idea of what other issues could cause this to happen...before i installed it i had no codes and car was ok...after it cut on and never went off...i took it to the street and runs perfect but still have engine light on...any help would be apreciated...thanks in advance

#3 ·
Honestly, i havent checked the code its reading...ill do it once i get off today...and there was one wire...which i think (not sure until i go see again)...i had cut a wire off coming from the body(engine) and plugged the wire(ECU side/plug) to the vafc 2 wire...which in the diagram it comes with it showed to connect it directly to the vafc 2 and snipped off of the engine side harness...so its just there with no connection to the ECU...hope it makes sense lol...appreciate your help bro!

#5 ·
#6 ·
So its the VTM wire i cut completely off left it hanging from the engine side and pluged it from the ECU side directly to the vafc...should i have just solder it together with the engine and ecu side like the others? ...and i think i saw what i did wrong...ill just double check everything once i get home...that link helped out...i appreciate all you guys help...will post if i made it cut off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.