Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to take out my stock airbag and stock steering wheel and put my mugen replica soon, its about that time now.... can anyone give me a step by step instructions on how to do it, I would GREATLY appreciate it!!! Thanks D-fam.. Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
But if i take out my pass. airbag what could i use to cover the hole in the dash?
Sorry dont mean to hijack ur thread.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
I need to take out my stock airbag and stock steering wheel and put my mugen replica soon, its about that time now.... can anyone give me a step by step instructions on how to do it, I would GREATLY appreciate it!!! Thanks D-fam.. Paul
not to sound like a parent, but why would you want to remove your airbag? its the last line of defense between you and that windscreen...
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
necro said:
But if i take out my pass. airbag what could i use to cover the hole in the dash?
Sorry dont mean to hijack ur thread.
i honestly don't know why you'd want to remove the passenger airbag.... driver side i could understand for a different steering wheel maybe... but passenger?

earlier models that don't have an airbag cutout can be removed and the dash replaced and there would be no marking.

later models same thing - remove the dash and remove the airbag mechanism. no need to remove the panel that says "Airbag - SRS"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, I need to remove the driver side bag, dont want to but I need to, to install this phat wheel, I just dont know to start.....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,428 Posts
just hit it real hard with a hammer..lol that will get it out of there..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
hmmm... take off the center peice that has the bag/horn button. it should pop off rather simply since it's just held on with clips. there will be a wire connected to it that you unclip which would be the horn and airbag harness. Be extremely careful since the bags are very sensitive and i've seen a few people blow them up rather easily. i don't know how to de-activate it so someone else may chime in for that one. then behind that bag/horn package you will see the bolt that holds your wheel on. i find if you lock the wheel and use a breaker bar it makes it a lil easier. then you can get a wheel puller or use some crazy muscle power to pull it off. i've only met 1 person that did it by strength. and then just install your new wheel/hub.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
definitely want to unhook your battery!
maybe you need to pull the fuse for the airbags too (if there is one)

don't want that thing to explode in your face. Look in your repair manual.

-ic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
icarusdown said:
definitely want to unhook your battery!
maybe you need to pull the fuse for the airbags too (if there is one)

don't want that thing to explode in your face. Look in your repair manual.

-ic

Unhooking your battery is a MUST... unless you wanna trigger a airbag. I havent taken mine off, I need to get a new steering wheel b/c mine is kinda messed up around the top. I want to get another wheel from maybe a s2000 or something that has a airbag in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replys guys, Ill install it with a wheel puller from the local auto parts shop...Ill post pics when I get my car cleaned up and ready to rock....thanks again!!! Paul
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top