Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone i ordered some blox extended studs for my del sol like a year ago and i finally got around to installing them. Ive only done the back so far im gonna do the front here sometime soon when im not super busy. Ill do a write up on the front when i do them.

Here we go everyone. Buy the way there are a ton of pictures.

Tools-
14mm
12mm
32mm
Flat head screw driver
Floor jack
breaker bar
Sledge hammer
Normal hammer
Towel
2 cinder blocks
Patience and muscles (on sale at Walmart i think)

First-
Park youre car on a flat surface and put chalks on the front wheels and leave youre ebrake off.

Second- Take youre center cap out and off and loosen youre lug nuts while its on the floor before you jack it up.

Third- Jack up youre car and take the wheel off. And bend this out so its all rounded.

Fourth- Put youre wheel back on and tighten you lug nets a little bit.(hand tight) lower the car back down.

Five- Get youre 1/4 inch ratchet and 32 mm socket and breaker bar. Now for the fun part.

And yes i used the bar from my floor back as a breaker bar. Worked very well.

Six- once you have that nut pretty loose. Jack the car back up and take the wheel off again.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seven- Take youre whole brake caliper off.

Eight- Take the 32 mm bolt all the way out and get the washer out to. Dont lose the washer its kind of important.

Nine- Now just pull the rotor off.

Ten- Get youre sledge and knock the old studs out.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Eleven- I used 2 cinder blocks and a towel you can use what ever you want thats just what was in the garage. You can knock the OEM studs out while on the car i didnt want to fuck anything up on the car so i did it this way.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twelve- Get all studs out and flip it over and start putting youre new extended studs in.

Thirteen- Knock all your new studs in.

Fourteen- Put the rotor back on and put the washer on and then the 32mm bolt tighten down as far as you can until it all starts spinning. And put your brake caliper back on.

Fifteen- Put your wheel and lug nuts on and tighten down as far as you can. Lower your car down and tighten the 32mm nut to 140 ish Foot lbs. And tighten your lug nuts down and put your center cap back in.

And enjoy! If i missed anything or if anything is wrong let me know.
Jayden

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice! I want to do this in time :)

Good write up. I always thought Id have to press out the studs
If you have a press available to you use it. It will be a lot easier to install. But taking the old ones out took like 2 hits from the sledge. My neighbor had has a press but i was to lazy to walk 100 yards. haha

·
Registered
841 Posts
Im just gonna have to give ya some rep for this sir :bigok:

I orderd some blox extended studs and lugs a while ago and just never got around to doing it, so ya beat me to it, think im just gonna wait till i get my new wheels and do it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah thats just more work you can take the 2 screw out and it should separate off that way. On the fronts you have to do it the way you are thinking. Thanks sir for helping answer his question.
Jayden

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
nice, rep. i need to do this on my ek. i thought on the fronts, the wheel bearing doesn't just slide off like that, actually seperates in half or something?

-Luke

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I hope you are using the right lug nuts(p/n 90381-SV1-901) on those OEM wheels?
Also did you notice your inner race came off the bearing when you pulled the hub off?

Besides that nice DIY..

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Oh. I didnt know a hub could just be taken off that easily without a bearing puller. Or maybe its only for Del Sols where its that easy. HRMM.

nonetheless. :bigok:
The rears pull right off if they are in decent shape. If you let one go bad for a little too long the race will weld it self to the spindle. The front are a different story, they need pressed out.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,395 Posts
um, my pops always told me NEVER use a ratchet to removed torqued on nuts/bolts.....ALWAYS use a breaker bar.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Great DIY good pictures! Yes this is just for the rears as the fronts are a major PITA. But nonetheless good DIY thread. Rep for you sir.

:TU:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts