Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Ex
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I came up with this diagram because I couldn't find any that hooks all 4 things together.
I wanted to run a closed-loop with no filter that way I don't have to smell the fumes inside my car mostly.
I was thinking of running the PCV valve to the catch can to the in Port and then having that outport go to my Turbo so it will constantly be sucking in the fumes and it'll be filtered. And then I want to run my valve cover to T into the line on the catch can from the PCV valve so that can be filtered as well before it goes to the turbo.
And I want to run my intake manifold to the catch can but in the outline because that air has already been filtered by the air filter on the turbo so it doesn't need run through the CAT scan.

What do y'all think about my setup?
Pros / cons?
Better idea?
I don't want to vent it for many reasons.
Thx!

Attachments

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
508 Posts
So I came up with this diagram because I couldn't find any that hooks all 4 things together.
I wanted to run a closed-loop with no filter that way I don't have to smell the fumes inside my car mostly.
I was thinking of running the PCV valve to the catch can to the in Port and then having that outport go to my Turbo so it will constantly be sucking in the fumes and it'll be filtered. And then I want to run my valve cover to T into the line on the catch can from the PCV valve so that can be filtered as well before it goes to the turbo.
And I want to run my intake manifold to the catch can but in the outline because that air has already been filtered by the air filter on the turbo so it doesn't need run through the CAT scan.

Pros / cons?
Better idea?
Thx!
I'd run the crank case vent and the valve cover to the catch can, then run the OUT line to the turbo's intake pipe. There's no chance of pressure there, so no need for the PCV, remove it (it's not a filter).

No need to run anything to the intake manifold.

Better idea would be to run the OUT line to a slash cut port into the exhaust stream to create a variable vacuum that's dependent on RPM (higher vacuum at higher RPM) to theoretically squeeze out a negligible amount of power

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Ex
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Pros / cons?
Better idea?
Thx!
I'd run the crank case vent and the valve cover to the catch can, then run the OUT line to the turbo's intake pipe. There's no chance of pressure there, so no need for the PCV, remove it (it's not a filter).

No need to run anything to the intake manifold.

Better idea would be to run the OUT line to a slash cut port into the exhaust stream to create a variable vacuum that's dependent on RPM (higher vacuum at higher RPM) to theoretically squeeze out a negligible amount of power
Thanks for the reply I guess ill just do that and use the port on the manifold for a boost gauge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts